Graduate Assistant for Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA)
The University of Mary is accepting applications for a graduate assistant position in the School of Health Sciences Emerging Leaders Academy. This position is a 9 month appointment beginning August 2017 and may be renewed for a second year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Related field OR Currently Enrolled in a program of study within the School of Health Sciences
- Communication skills necessary to relate to students in a positive way
- Creativity to advise students in projects and other ELA endeavors
- Support higher education in a Benedictine tradition
- Former ELA graduates are preferred
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Responsibilities of the GA Include:
- Assist in planning of and participation in events for ELA students
- Teach 2 sections of ELA for freshmen
- Advise ELA students in projects and other endeavors
- Recruit students into ELA
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer