Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Provide timely installation, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance to customers of Liquidware Labs products.
Key areas of responsibility
- Provide timely installation, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance for normal to difficult customer product cases. (55%)
- Resolves customer inquiries professionally and with a positive attitude to achieve customer satisfaction. (10%)
- Identify software issues and submit them to development for resolution. (10%)
- Ensure support case information is updated, organized, accurate and easy to follow. (10%)
- Contribute solutions to the knowledge-base. (10%)
- Participates as a proactive member of the Liquidware Labs support team by contributing to the company as follows: (5%).
- Meets or exceeds short and long-term productivity results established by the Technical Support Director.
- Takes accountability and resolves any issues preventing the achievement of timely, quality, and cost effective results.
- Maintains high standards of excellence and strong work ethics.
Term of employment
Permanent, full time employment
630 N. North Ct. Suite 200 Palatine, IL 60067
3600 Mansell Road Suite 200 Alpharetta, GA 30022
- 3+ years of experience in an advanced technical support or systems administration role.
- A good working knowledge of the following technologies: (or equivalent) Linux files systems (CentOS, Redhat Enterprise, Openfiler). Able to navigate command line easily within the Linux File systems.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation, and platform communications
- Strong background & understanding in virtualization technologies, including VMware vSPhere/ESXi/View or Horizon, Hyper-V and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop. Windows and Linux Administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 -R2
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems using both native and 3rd party tools.
- Strong background in windows profile management.
- Advanced knowledge of managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory (users / groups, ADSI Edit, Replication, DNS, Permissions, LDAP, Group Policies, etc.).
This is a full time position that includes full benefits including 401(k).
Innovative Desktop Virtualization Company Led By Virtualization Industry Veterans & Experts
Founded in 2009, Liquidware Labs,® is an industry leader and pioneer in desktop virtualization solutions for next-generation physical and virtual desktops, including VMware View,®, Citrix,® XenDesktop, Red Hat,® and Microsoft,® Windows,®. The company's innovative and award-winning products include Stratusphere,® FIT and Stratusphere,® UX for desktop visibility; ProfileUnity,® with FlexApp,® and FlexDisk,® for desktop portability; and Flex-IO which supports IOPS acceleration in non-persistent VDI environments. Learn more about the Liquidware Labs Difference.
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:17:07 PDT