Assistant Director of Campus Recreation - Communiversity
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Assistant Director of Communiversity for Campus Recreation supervises and manages the programs, services, activities and staffing for the Outdoor Adventures and Intramural/Club Sports Programs, and manages the Student Union.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution.
- A Master's degree in College Student Affairs, Higher Education, Recreational Sports or other related field preferred.
- Current Advanced Wilderness First Aid Certification (i.e. Wilderness First Responder as minimum) and C.P.R. certification required upon employment.
- Current California Class B commercial driver's license required upon employment.
- Current California Food Handlers Permit required upon employment.
- Other advanced campus recreation or outdoor skills training/instructor certifications in majority of activity/program areas preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related full-time experience required, graduate assistantship experience accepted (two years of graduate assistant experience equals one year of full time experience).
- Understanding of issues related to student development in a university environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Azusa Pacific University
- Knowledge of risk management and experiential education principles.
- Experience in outdoor recreation programming including staff training, marketing, budgeting, purchasing, logistical planning, and development of new programs.
- Experience in supervising an Intramural or club sports program including staff training, marketing, budgeting, logistical planning, and development of new programs.
- Management experience of university student staff.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.