Fashion Institute of Technology - Coordinator, Emerging Technologies
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a Coordinator, Emerging Technologies in our IT Department.
This Coordinator position works in the Client Services unit of the Division of IT, reporting to the Manager, Emerging Technologies. The primary functions of the job are to maintain and manage equipment (such as 3D Printers/Scanners) housed in the Faculty Research and Innovation Space (FRIS). In addition, technical assistance and training for faculty using the space will be provided by this position.
1. Provide day-to-day coverage at the Faculty Research and Innovation Space (FRIS).
2. Maintain all supplies and materials for technologies housed in the FRIS.
3. Provide training, support, and guidance to faculty on emerging technologies housed in the FRIS - such as Augmented and Virtual Reality software/hardware, Arduino Microcontroller devices, 3D Printers/Scanners, etc.
4. Establish documentation (written, videos, AR, etc.) regarding the processes associated with the FRIS. This would include the establishment of a repository for the developed documentation.
5. Assist with FIT's research and review process for emerging technologies.
6. Set-up, operate, and maintain 3D Printers/Scanning and associated computer hardware and software applications in the FRIS and classrooms/labs as necessary; research and recommend 3D Printing/Scanning equipment per faculty requirements for existing and new curriculum.
7. Conduct demonstrations and workshops on use of 3D Printing/Scanning equipment and associated software applications for faculty and students.
1. Technical diploma or Associate's degree in associated field (Engineering / Information Technology) required, Bachelor's degree in associated field preferred.
2. Excellent customer service skills, preferably with experience in a Higher-Ed Institution working directly with a diverse range of faculty and students.
3. Experience providing training in areas such as: 3D Printing/Scanning, AR, Drone aerial photography, 360 Cameras, etc.
4. Minimum of 5 years' experience providing hands-on support for 3D Printing/Scanning equipment.
5. Strong working knowledge and demonstrated experience using popular 3D modeling software applications (Blender, Sketchup, Rhino, Maya, Solidworks, etc.)
6. Strong working knowledge and demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
7. Mechanically minded, with experience operating and repairing fabrication equipment such as CNC Routers.
8. Demonstrated ability to flex between highly creative and highly technical work.
9. Willingness to learn about new and emerging technologies and share this knowledge with faculty and students.
Full time 40 hours
Salary Schedule 93
Reports to James Pearce
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online: * Resume * Cover letter .
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.