STARS System Administrator
Job Description: STARS is seeking a systems/network administrator to address their growing network architecture needs.
This position requires experience with the installation, operation and maintenance of tactical radar hardware-in-the-loop equipment. The includes performing systems administrator functions on Linux/RedHat systems, configuring and maintaining networks/routers and servicing approximately 50 network users of classified and unclassified systems. Work for the Lab Operations Manager to establish overall priorities while responding to the daily, non-recurring requests from STARS members. Maintaining a professional and courteous relationship with all team members is absolutely critical as is an earnest desire to find and detect problems and then working with the Operations team to develop and implement a solution.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following operating systems Red Hat Enterprise Workstation and Server, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2, and HP-UX.
- Must hold one of the following operating certificates RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA or MCSE or network certificates CCNA, or CCENT.
- Have a robust familiarization with the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) that deal with maintaining the lab's security posture and analysis networks and be able to communicate to leadership with recommendations/guidance to growing and improving the network design.
- Must maintain the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program and hold an US Army IAT-Level 2
- Good communications and people skills, both oral and written, is an absolute must.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
Desired Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of network design and implementation within a multi-layer network environment.
- Experienced in working within multiple operating system environments, including Solaris, OpenVMS and/or IRIX
- Experience configuring and deploying CITRIX, VMWARE, and RHEL Kickstart inside of a network architecture.
- Experience with integrating radar Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) assets within the Ballistic Missile Defense System
Education Requirement: Candidate must minimally possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the related field. (10 years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree).
Security Clearance: Candidate must hold a Secret Clearance with the ability to achieve a Top Secret Clearance, if necessary.
Tec-Masters, Inc (TMI) has a robust benefits package for full time employees. TMI offers Healthcare, dental, vision, and basic life insurance to full time employees. We also offer long term and short term disability, supplemental life insurance, supplemental health care, and a Flexible Spending Account. We provide a 401(K) Plan and a Safe Harbor Match. Full time employees are provided 11 Paid Holidays, 120 hours to use for Vacation/Sick/Personnel Business, and tuition assistance of $3,500 per year.
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma certified minority owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 07:44:27 PDT