Residence Hall Director
Albion College, a selective, private, residential liberal arts college, invites applications for a Residence Hall Director (RD) position. Main responsibilities include overall administration and management of a residential area of 300-500 students; supervising 10-16 Resident Assistants; serve as a College Hearing Officer adjudicating student judicial cases; participation in an on-call rotating duty system; responding to crisis and emergency situations; establishing rapport/developing positive relationships with students; assisting students with conflict resolution; and community building and educational programming that supports the Division of Student Affairs' residential community based learning. The RD also plays an important part in Office of Residential Life central office functions. This a full-time (12 month) live-in position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience - benefits included.
- Master's Degree in college student personnel, counseling, or closely related field preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous residence hall experience beyond the undergraduate level preferred.
- Previous supervision and training experience required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all college constituents.
- The position requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, crisis management and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a high degree of energy and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to provide a high level of customer service.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning that goes beyond the classroom.
- Must have a valid, or be eligible to obtain, a Michigan driver’s license and clearing initial and periodic driving record checks
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to http://apply.interfolio.com/42703 . Please direct questions to Ms. Julie McMahon, Director for Residential Life (firstname.lastname@example.org). A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 17, 2017.