Plant Production Manager
Health Care Laundry Production Manager
Health care laundry located in the Newark New Jersey area is looking for a night shift production manager to train and supervise employees for soil sort, tunnel washers, and finishing operations.Candidate must have a working profiency in Spanish and is responsible for ensuring linens are processed in an efficient manner meeting production and quality standards. Reports to the Plant Manager
- The Production Manager trains and supervises employees for soil sort, tunnel washers, and finishing operations, and ensures linens are processed in an efficient manner meeting production and quality standards.
- Anticipate the needs of the finish floor and maintain a balanced flow of each type of material so that finish floor employees are continuously occupied.
- Provide continuous verbal performance feedback.
- Provide coaching to employees as needed for performance improvement. Perform documentation of coaching and disciplinary action in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare or ensure preparation of work schedules for washers, sorter/folders, bin washer, and finish floor employees. Manage labor within budgeted limits.
- Supervise production to ensure that employees meet production standards
- Communicate equipment status promptly to the Maintenance Manager according to laundry policy.
- Coordinate with the Laundry Coordinator to monitor linen counts in the laundry and on locations to keep an overall knowledge of operations.
- Maintain a safe work area according to laundry policy.
- Enforce company policies including those regarding safety, job performance, and respect in the workplace.
- Complete other projects as assigned. Requirements
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Communication skills, including providing effective job training and direction, providing timely and helpful employee feedback, and clear, concise, and professional written communication.
- Candidate MUST have a strong working proficiency in Spanish or be fully bi-lingual!
- Organizational skills, including scheduling and contingency planning.
- Competency in basic arithmetic
- Must be flexible, able to prioritize workload, and take the initiative.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate employees and resolve conflict.,
- Knowledge of Hazard Communication, safe work practices, and laundry and company policies and procedures.
- Frequent standing, walking,for up to 9 hours per shift.
- Commensurate on experience
CleanTex is a family owned business founded in 1995 and provides expert linen and laundry services throughout NY, NJ, PA and CT.
We are revolutionizing the commercial laundry industry, doing laundry on a commercial scale, with personal touch!
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 09:51:10 PDT