Scheduling Coordinator - Conferencing and Events Services
Conference & Event Services delivers exceptional service, resources, and support to events on the University of Denver campus while upholding the University's integrity, values, and inclusive engagement.
Position manages the utilization and allocation of institutional event space for the University. Position makes event space assignments for the majority of events each term. Follows benchmark dates relating to course scheduling and planning. Assists internal clients in reserving event space and resources for special events. Assists Conference and Event Services in reserving space and resources for external clients. Recommends event administration policies and performs analysis and reporting functions. Provides training to University employees who use 25Live. Acts as a liaison between the Office of Conference and Event Services and other offices on campus, including the Registrars Office and Facilities Management in functions such as construction coordination, technology enhancements, and maintenance. Reports to the Executive Director of Conference and Events Services.
- Develop and maintain the campus official procedure for institutional event space requests and usage.
- Processes all event requests for institutional event space in compliance with the official campus procedure.
- Independently determines appropriate designated space for scheduled events and communicates event space and time details with requesting department/division.
- Serve as the liaison between Conference and Events Services and the Office of the Registrar for events requiring classrooms.
- Administer event space scheduling software (25Live) for the University including user security, institutional event space features, layouts, photos, pricing, and utilization reports.
- Administration includes software upgrades and version changes, in coordination with the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide training and support to 25Live users on campus including creating and maintaining user guides and videos.
- Develop universal approach to implement the consistent use of additional 25Live features, such as resources, through training offices on campus involved in event management, such as Conversions, Custodial, Technology, Campus Safety, and Parking Services.
- Provide event services for University employees and department who wish to plan a meeting or event on campus.
- Evaluate process following event conclusion and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Identify events that should be include in the 25Live university-wide event calendar.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting or managing events.
- Series 25 scheduling system (25Live).
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Master's degree.
- 6-7 years of experience supporting or managing events.
- Ungerboeck software experience.
- Knowledge of university rules and policies as related to events.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, June 30, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.