Graduate Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator
The coordinators primary responsibilities cover the two related areas of recruitment and outreach to prospective graduate students, and internal divisional support in the Slate graduate admissions system. The ideal candidate will bring strengths in two areas: content creation and strong writing skills, paired with an interest in working with technology and data analysis. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Curriculum and Graduate Studies, the position provides expertise, knowledge of best practices, and leadership to the division in creating and implementing graduate recruitment strategies. The incumbent works closely with a team of marketing and student services staff to help develop and implement multifaceted forms of communication, partner with individual programs to support their recruitment plans, and draft written outreach to prospective and incoming students. They will measure and analyze these points of communication for effectiveness to advance recruitment and enrollment goals. The coordinator liaises with various constituencies on campus, including the Office of Graduate Studies, the Office of Marketing and Communication, and individual departmental faculty and staff, on the admissions system and on various aspects of communication to prospective students. The position also functions as the main point of contact and divisional expert for AHSS faculty and staff regarding training, permissions, and reporting in the admissions tools within the Slate system.
- Prospective Student Outreach
- Assist in developing and implementing individual communication plans specialized for each graduate program. This could include, and is not limited to, email campaigns, faculty colleague outreach, inquiry list outreach, and webinars.
- Implement and manage email campaigns, including GRE/TOEFL list outreach.
- In consultation with departments, draft written content for multiple channels, including web, email, and print, for various graduate student audiences.
- Implement and monitor data tracking and evaluation measures for various aspects of the communication plans.
- Collaborate closely with AHSS student services coordinator and AHSS digital marketing specialist on aspects of communication plans.
- Independently oversee numerous projects.
- Schedule and support meetings with colleagues and faculty.
- Support research and analysis of recruitment strategies.
- Assist in the implementation and integration of the graduate admissions software (Slate).
- Attend marketing-related meetings.
- Manage other recruitment projects.
- Maintain knowledge of current best practices in graduate recruitment.
- Slate Admissions System Support
- Provide division-wide expertise on admissions and communication tools in Slate.
- Manage Slate permissions, access, and training for faculty and staff.
- Plan and hold Slate user trainings for faculty and staff as needed.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, provide support to graduate departments regarding admissions policies.
- Liaise with the office of graduate studies and AHSS departments on admissions processes.
- Admissions-related analytics and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including excel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience managing digital campaigns.
- Experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Partial or completed graduate work.
- Two years of experience working in higher education, particularly with faculty and/or staff.
- Graduate student recruitment experience.
- Experience working with Banner.
- Experience working with Slate admissions system.
- Experience working with CRM or CMS systems.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of current best practices in the field of graduate enrollment management, particularly in an arts, humanities, or social sciences field.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact Kristy Firebaugh, Assistant Dean of Curriculum and Graduate Studies, at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter (should address the ways in which your experience prepares you for these responsibilities working with graduate programs in arts, humanities, and/or social sciences)
- Contact information for three references
- Writing sample that demonstrates your skill in content creation