Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochem
The University of Denver is a medium-size private university (12,000 students) located in a thriving metropolis at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is home to faculty with interests in biochemistry, biophysics, atmospheric and environmental chemistry, organic synthesis and EPR spectroscopy. Additional departmental and program information can be found here.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position in the Chapman Lab. The successful candidate will be looking for a platform to develop additional skills and excellence in RNA biochemistry and enzymology, and will have the opportunity to independently advance a research program focused on reconstitution of the core eukaryotic mRNA decay machinery. The position will begin September 1st, 2017 with potential annual renewal subject to performance evaluations and availability of funding henceforth.
- Assemble important RNA-decay complexes and characterize their biochemical and biophysical properties en route to determining their structures and garner insight into their operation inside the cell.
- Detailed research goals are established in a NIH-funded research award to EGC.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- Track record of independent research.
- Demonstrated commitment to or have experience working with diverse student and community populations.
- Experience in RNA biochemistry including synthesis and purification of RNAs and proteins using HPLC and FPLC chromatography methods.
- Experience in DNA and RNA design and diverse molecular cloning techniques.
- Experience in purifying protein complexes.
- Experience in MD simulations, RNA sequencing techniques, and yeast husbandry would be highly valued.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekends depending on research schedule.
Review of applications will begin July 1st and continue until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions regarding this position, please contact Erich Chapman at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- C.V. (including a list of publications)
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 5 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
In addition to the online application, three letters of recommendation should be sent directly to Erich Chapman at
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.