PRESS PRODUCT MANAGER 1
Product Manager has responsibility for driving the sales and profitability of assigned product lines. Product Manager proactively plans, organizes, and manages assigned products from conceptual stages throughout the product life cycle to meet sales, financial and growth objectives and to optimally allocate Conbraco resources. The Product Manager is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being an principled leader in a team environment.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Represents Sales on all engineering and manufacturing issues relevant to the brand.
• Analyzes markets, determines trends and outlines the competitive landscape for each product group.
• Works with sales and identifies new product opportunities. Performs market research and customer research (Voice of Customer) regarding product modifications and/or new products. Ensures new product launches meet the business plan's financial objectives and the market penetration targets.
• Approves "deep" project/special pricing requested by representatives, regional managers and international managers.
• Develops list price and discount levels, expected profit margins and identifies delivery lead time requirements.
• Reviews inventory levels with operations to ensure support of sales plans.
• Motivates and works closely with representatives and distribution to promote and specify assigned product lines. Develops product marketing tools to support sales activities.
• Drives advertising and promotional programs (literature, demos, and price sheets).
• In conjunction with Marketing Communications (MARCOM), the writes, proofs and lays out product and market catalogs and technical web information. Assists MARCOM in the development of product copy for advertising and related Public Relation functions. Prepares topics for general press releases and creates technical articles and/or white papers.
• Educates Conbraco personnel, distributors, representatives, as well as end users, EPCs, and OEMs on products, markets and applications. Develops valve training modules.
• Manager RGA's, evaluations, labor claims and Corrective Actions.
• Requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid logical conclusions.
• Requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Requires constructive and solid judgments.
• Must be able to compare and evaluate competitive offerings.
• Primary contact is with Sales, Representatives, Customer Service, Marketing, Engineering, Operations & Finance
• Periodic interaction with end customers and distributors.
• Attends key trade shows/functions. Assists the Marketing department in planning and supporting major trade exhibitions.
• Possesses knowledge of valve and piping systems, products, applications, and specifications.
• Possesses knowledge of launching new products in a competitive market place.
• Possesses knowledge of selling principles and methods, including project quotation methods.
• Possesses knowledge of standard pricing and price models, and cost/price/profit/margin analyses.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year degree (engineering, business, or marketing degree preferred) plus 3 years' experience in product management, business development, marketing communication, technical sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior experience designing, selling, or marketing non-traditional piping methods a plus, but not necessary. Experience in the single family residential building industry also of value.
• Must have the ability to effectively utilize word processing software, spreadsheets and presentation software in a MS Windows environment.
• Must possess working knowledge of inventory control systems and purchasing functions for the department.
• Should have excellent organizational skills, analytical skills and be detail oriented.
• Must have the ability to maintain accurate records.
• Should have excellent administrative, persuasive and interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to undertake many projects, effectively prioritize the work load and meet deadlines.
• Must have highly developed professional sales and self-management skills.
• Product Manager certification (PDMA, AIPMM, etc.) is a definite asset.
• Must be able to understand and interpret written & verbal instructions.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or feedback from customers or members of the business community.
• Must have the ability to write speeches and articles for publication.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively to management, co-workers, suppliers and public groups.
• Field Travel: Travels nationally & internationally (up to 20%) as required. Writes trip reports upon completion of field travel.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Note: This position description describes only the general nature and level of work encompassed by this job. This description is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of associates at this level.
We are An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 05:41:09 PDT