Communications Electronic Media Manager - Roosevelt House
Roosevelt House, located on Manhattan's Upper East Side, was the historic New York City home of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt and Franklin's mother, Sara Delano Roosevelt, from 1908 to 1942. An integral part of Hunter College since 1943, it reopened in 2010 after an extensive renovation as the permanent home of the Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College, dedicated to teaching, research, and public programming in the fields of public policy and human rights. The institute provides opportunities for Hunter students to experience meaningful civic engagement and pursue undergraduate studies in public policy and human rights; for faculty to research, teach, and write about important issues of the day; and for scholarly and public audiences to participate in high-profile lectures, seminars, and conferences.
Reporting to the Administrative Officer of the Roosevelt House, the Electronic Media Manager manages electronic, online, and multi-media communications (including video, audio, still photography, and online resources), providing editorial, technical, and production expertise for the Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College.
Additionally, the Electronic Media Manager:
- Provide leadership, vision and oversight for all technology-based projects related to the Roosevelt House
- Manages Roosevelt House's website and social media properties including design, programming, and expansion of HTML, CSS and JQuery implementation.
- Consults with Communications Strategy Committee and Roosevelt House Steering Committee, as well as the Director, the Chief Administrative Officer and Directors of Public Policy and Human Rights Programs to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications.
- Design exhibitions in collaboration with the Roosevelt House museum curator and coding exhibitions for web versions.
- Manage exhibition web pages.
- Lead efforts to widen exhibition online audience through live streaming video and other digital experiences.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans. Help to conceive and develop initiatives related to exhibition technology.
- Conduct photo research and other visual media asset acquisition related to exhibitions.
- Develops production policies, guidelines, and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards.
- Plans communications messages including brochures, podcasts, newsletters, online formats, and designs which meet Roosevelt House's needs and have impact with the intended audience(s) of policymakers, researchers, students, and the general public.
- Coordinates with Hunter Communications office on specific campaigns and cross-promotion with Hunter/CUNY of Roosevelt House special projects and programs.
- Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects including working with fellows from the Integrated Media Arts department and Roosevelt House work study student interns.
- Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects.
- Monitor website to ensure proper operation, maintain backups of websites, update server software as needed
- Supervises media and production staff as needed.
- Continuously investigate new technologies
- Interfaces with Hunter College A/V staff.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
- Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
- Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
- Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
- Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
- Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
- Supervises staff as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin May 4, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Communications Electronic Media Manager - Roosevelt House
Job ID: 16607
Full/Part Time: Full-Time