Data & Project Coordinator
Requisition # 2017-7678
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 6/19/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Application Deadline 6/23/2017
The History Department is seeking an individual to provide digital content support and coordination to the department in a variety of areas. Reporting directly to the department manager, this individual will need to be able to work effectively with all members of the staff and, depending on the nature of the specific project, many members of the faculty. The successful candidate will be someone who can identify digital needs and opportunities and develop successful and sustainable solutions.
This is a part time, term position with the possibility of renewal.
- Identify and implement content enhancements for the department's Drupal website in collaboration with departmental personnel and others outside the department;
- Create productivity tools/guides to enable others to effectively use and update their areas of the site;
- Assist in the content migration of the department's SharePoint site as part of a larger SharePoint system migration coordinated by the department IT office in conjunction with OIT;
- Develop a content maintenance strategy for the various sections of the site and its content owners.
- Provide digital content (data) support for the redesign of the department's dossier system within its SharePoint site collection; review and revise data as it is migrated; test and validate the new interface in collaboration with the graduate and IT staff; document the workflow design, data review and testing protocols, and create instructional materials as needed;
- Identify areas of data redundancy;
- Coordinate digital content and data-driven projects;
- Design and generate reports that can be used by entire work group;
- Design surveys and other mechanisms to assist with the prioritization of data development needs across platforms;
- Develop document repository protocols
- Bachelor's degree or three-years of related experience;
- Initiative, excellent organizational, and communication and editorial skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing needs;
- Creative problem solving skills, attention to detail, innovative outreach abilities;
- Proficiency with SharePoint, MS Office Suite, and digital tools;
- Demonstrated capacity to learn new technical skills;
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop or similar graphic design applications
- Familiarity with webinar or screen capture production tools such as Captivate, Camtasia;
- Experience in higher education environment
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
Term position with the possibility of renewal
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.