Construction Superintendent/SSHO/CQC SYS MRG
Cambridge Marine Construction, Inc. ("CM") is looking for a qualified Construction Superintendent, SSHO or CQC System Manager to provide:
- Daily on-site supervision of subcontractors.
- Monitor contractor production, schedule and performance.
- Manage subcontractor Daily Production Reports.
- Ensure the project is built within contract document specifications, owner requirements, and comply with local, state and federal building codes.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to develop a schedule for submittals, and to review all submittals for accuracy and completeness, prior to forwarding them to the Design Team and Government for final approval.
- Assist the project team in understanding the contract document specifications in their discipline.
- Work in conjunction with the Government and with the Field staff to ensure quality and timeliness of project construction and completion.
- Maintaining a safe construction site through direction and training of workers, providing PPE and safety equipment and written documentation to maintain accountability of sub-contractor work force.
- Provide full-time support in the field, on the construction projects, to assure operations are planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Assist with coordination aspects as directed by the CM Project Managers.
- Prepare independent cost estimates. Comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures established by CM while on shift, on call or attending training.
- Initiate problem solving and perform repairs on any required work-related equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training.
- Conduct safety audits. Assist with contractor quality control and safety at construction locations.
- Assist Project Managers on walk-thru's with contractors and the Navy for bidding purposes.
- Communicate daily status of current projects to Project Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within CM standards.
- Maintain 100% "Compliance Readiness" in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements.
- Maintain 100% "Safety Standards and Accountability" in all areas or mandatory/regulatory requirements, which include: Taking necessary action when behaviors or conditions around you may be unsafe.
- Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
- Successfully Completed DOL/OSHA 30 hours, within 5 years Preferred.
- Active Construction Quality Management for Contractors - #784 Certification Preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver's License. Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
- Ability to clearly speak, write, read and understand the English language.
- Good computer experience, including the ability to take online training, email general reports and use Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge and experience of project and construction practices.
- Knowledge and experience with Navy and other federal agency, policies and procedures for construction contracts.
- Working knowledge and experience with scheduling.
- Working knowledge and experience with project/contract budgets.
- Ability to execute safety and quality control plans. Must have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills that include good listening, providing clear direction and effective feedback.
Cambridge Marine Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status
Cambridge Marine Construction is a small business construction contractor that provides marine/general construction and construction-related management services to government agencies as well as commercial and industry partners throughout CONUS.
CM ownership has negotiated the award and close-out of over 100 8(a) sole-source contracts, valued over $120 Million, since 2005. Over 98% of federal clients in the last six years have been return customers creating lasting business friendship.
CM offers clients an integrated service approach with a commitment to safety, value and performance. Guaranteed quality workmanship and on-site project management is our commitment. Successful past performances with both commercial and government clients provide CM with the references to support demonstrated professionalism.
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:07:26 PDT