Jensen Landscape Construction Foreman
Company / Division: Jensen Corporation Landscape Contractor
Reports To: Chris Webb
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary / Nature of Work:
Works under the general supervision of the Superintendent and is responsible for providing guidance to landscape crews in order to assure the proper, safe, efficient, and timely completion of landscape installation projects.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Works under the direction of the Superintendent to oversee the work of multiple crew members.
- Oversee jobs from start to finish.
- Review daily progress and needs of the next day with the Superintendent.
- Ensures that work is being done in a safe and efficient manner and maintains excellent quality.
- Trains crews in accordance with Jensen safety procedures and conducts weekly safety & training meetings.
- Inspects equipment daily to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Accurately fills out time cards daily.
- Ability to communicate with management, customers, and vendors, using intermediate level of English.
- Ability to understand the contractual obligations for each job site and communicate it and direct the work of the crew accordingly.
- Ability to guide and/or give instructions.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and interpret landscape plans and specifications.
- Must have a good understanding of landscape installation methods and techniques and the
- Machinery, tools and labor needed to accomplish work.
- Layout, Grading, Planting, Irrigation, Carpentry, Masonry
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and have a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Duties are performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. of weight frequently throughout the day.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, lift, push and pull materials and equipment to complete job tasks.
- Ability to work in various positions including, but not limited to, standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extending periods.
The above is a general outline of responsibilities of this position, it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time, at the Company's sole and absolute discretion with or without prior notice.
Jensen is an equal opportunity employer. Jensen does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
San Jose, CA
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 17:37:33 PDT