Culinary Production Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing, the Culinary Production Manager is responsible for leading a high performance team that provides operational guidance and leadership for DMF's Manufacturing and Warehouse operations. Specific areas of responsibility include production, packaging, sanitation, production planning, inventory control, and warehouse, quality control, and maintenance operations. This role is accountable for the development and achievement of monthly, quarterly, annual and long term tactical goals and objectives as well as continuous improvement initiatives related to people/team development, safety, quality, cost, working capital, waste, and environmental management.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to Operations management and staff.
- Manage, coach and develop team in setting and achieving operating, customer satisfaction and people development goals.
- Responsible for implementing and managing strategies to increase efficiency, maintain quality and food safety, and ensure continuous improvement.
- Utilize the full capabilities of ERP for purchasing, cost analysis, and capacity planning
- Develop and implement tracking programs to monitor goals, progress and provided trend analysis to management
- Develop, monitor and validate operations training programs
- Focus on employee development programs
- Supply Chain Management - Responsible for RM procurement, shipping, receiving and warehouse management for the company. Ensure a clean, efficient, and a safe working environment with accurate inventory control.
- Manage vendor qualification/source selection for key suppliers and drive supply chain management in general.
- Production and materials planning.
- Provide failure analysis and corrective actions in all areas
- Responsible for ensuring the employees follow cGMP and safety guidelines
- Report daily activity results to management
- Develop and implement strategies, processes, and organizational capacity, building programs to drive maximum quality and food safety and to achieve the best delivered costs.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets, targets, and goals and ensure direct reports have appropriate information and resources needed to be accountable for results.
- 10 years of experience as an accomplished senior manager in food manufacturing with a career showing steadily increasing responsibilities.
- Great management and organizational skills including a track record for attracting the right people and developing a cohesive culture that fosters teamwork and efficiency.
- HACCP Certification, GFSI knowledgeable
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Accomplished team leader and coach with history of helping others achieve their potential.
- Comprehensive understanding of key processes including planning, production, supply chain, maintenance and quality management.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of financial data, measurements and planning.
- Proven success using metrics, productivity tracking and data collection systems to drive measurable continuous performance improvement.
- Adept at translating detailed information and personal observations into fact-based performance enhancing recommendations and effectively gaining management buy in.
- "Bridge-builder" mentality with ability to partner cross-functionally to achieve desired results.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Approachable and skilled at building rapport with a diverse team.
- Loves change and thrilled by exceeding expectations.
- Strategic thinker and decision maker
At Del Monaco Foods our team shares a passion for artisan quality food and relationships built on trust.
Del Monaco Foods specializes in private-label food manufacturing with an emphasis on quality. A privately held company based in Morgan Hill, California, trusted by world class, quality driven companies for outsourced, private label, contract manufacturing of soups, sauces and other specialty items. We blend traditional cooking methods with innovative production process. From our hearts through our hands!
We seek individuals who demonstrate passion, teamwork, dependability, ethics, efficiency, productivity and continuous improvement to join our team of Artisans.
To Apply: http://delmonacofoods.com/careers.html
Morgan Hill, CA
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 15:45:40 PDT