CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine experience) QA Inspector
Growing Eastlake Ohio Aerospace/Defense Company providing precision machining, contract manufacturing and actuation products has an immediate opening for a Quality Inspector for 1st shift
~~Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Experience in CMM (coordinate measuring machine) A MUST
• Inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
• Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Selects products at specified stages in production process and checks quality, such as dimensions
• Records data applying deviations from existing standards.
• Recommends modifications of existing capability.
• May prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
• May specialize in particular area of quality control engineering, such as incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control and any other job description under quality control.
• Inspects and adjusts gauges, measuring instruments, and testing equipment for conformance to blueprint specifications.
• Verifies accuracy of gauges and measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges, and electrical and functional gauges, using master gauges and master parts. Examines gauges or measuring instruments for wear or adjustment.
• Disassembles inaccurate or worn gauges and measuring instruments with hand tools.
• Inspects parts for wear, warping or other defects.
• Verifies dimensions of parts against blueprint specifications using gauge blocks, micrometer, vernier height gauge, sine bar, bevel protractor and optical comparator.
• Measures surface flatness and finish, using optical flats and profilameter.
• Computes unspecified dimensions and other data, using shop mathematics and trigonometry.
• Laps corroded or pitted surfaces.
• Reassembles gauges and adjusts stops and levers to specified settings.
• Inspects accuracy of new gauges and instruments for conformance to blueprint specifications before they are released for production) use.
•Experience in CMM (coordinate measuring machine.
• May maintain calibration program, including scheduling and record keeping.
• Also perform job description of Gauge & Instrument Inspector and Floor Inspector
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to read / interpret drawings
• Experience using various mechanical inspection tools
• Experience performing First piece, In-process and Final Acceptance inspection required
• Familiarity with AS9100 documentation
• Knowledgeable with Word and Excel
Midwest Precision is a growing Eastlake, Ohio Aerospace/Defense Company providing precision machining, contract manufacturing.
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:08:24 PDT