Application Technical Lead
Zigatta has teamed up with a Fortune 10 firm in Plano looking to add to its team. This Application Tech Lead has to have strong hands-on application technical and architecture knowledge including infrastructure and integration experience as he/she may be engaged on several projects. The knowledge transfer will be minimal so he/she needs to be proactive with a high learning agility. Ideally we would like someone that could provide understanding of Risk management/Auto Industry Standards. In addition, we need someone with strong communication skills as he/she will be working with various groups at technical and functional levels.
Production and Operational Support
- Make recommendations and propose system solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design the data and technical system changes.
- Oversee development of data and technical changes, and validate and implement the data and technical changes provided by the vendor.
- Act as liaison with the vendors, development teams and business users to create and finalize end-to-end technical solutions.
- Supervise the creation of operation support manuals and helpdesk documentation for production systems.
- Update system documentation as changes/enhancements are deployed to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure development activities are delivered with quality, are on-time and within budget
- Understand current and future BTS technical offerings, and identify appropriate fits or alignment for these offerings.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Maintain focus on key strategic and/or project priorities despite conflicting demands.
- Serve as an agent for innovation not only for applications, but also for delivery issues and incidents.
- Understand business requirements for development activities
- Ensure business needs are clearly understood, documented and communicated.
- Leverage thorough understanding of business process and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Participate in business requirements gathering sessions with the business owners and key technical resources
- Translate the business and user requirements into system requirements.
- Hands-on Participation in all development activities.
- Own the technical solution by leading and participating in Develop/Design/Improve/Document Database Models/Design/Programs, Informatica jobs/programs, Unix/Autosys jobs/programs, and Risk specific technologies
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Coordinate architecture and development walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that software solutions and designs accurately reflect and satisfy business needs.
- Ensure design and construction meet quality standards and that the testing and operational readiness tasks are conducted and produce quality results.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the user community proactively and as requested.
- Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective, and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
- Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed by outsourced service provider
- Assist functional manager in outsourced service provider oversight, SLA tracking, and Scorecard reporting
- Provide subject matter expertise to support provider as needed. Ensure that business practices are represented inn support scripts and incident management activities
- Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas for Operation Support
- Function as point of escalation between the business customers and maintenance team, as well as with BTS Technical Operations /Application Support, BTS Architecture/COE teams, and other and Technology teams
- Communicate response and resolution to application issues such as outages and performance degradation to business stakeholder and user community
- At least three years in an Application Technical Lead role
- Not looking for architecture experience
- Need experience working with vendors/ reviewing work
- Absolutely MUST be experienced with Oracle, Informatica (understanding workflows; not coding), SQL, and Shell Scripting
- Mastery of client/server and distributed applications, project life cycle, and the basics of technical operations (networks, data center, database, integration, and migration activities)
- Development Methodology - has mastered, and understands common development models including waterfall and agile processes
- Mastery of unit testing, software change management, software release management
- 4 years' experience writing software derived from use cases
- Some Enterprise Architecture experience desired
- Architecture lifecycle development methodologies
- Performance Architecture including root cause analysis, problem management and performance tuning
- Understands Systems engineering techniques (i.e., portfolio analysis, analysis of alternatives, architecture modeling)
- Capable of performing Lifecycle cost analysis
- Is proficient with Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
At Zigatta, we leverage our expertise to forge long term relationships with our clients based on our 8 core values. We consider ourselves more than just a vendor, but a valued partner for our clients to achieve their business objectives. It's more than just about delivering, its about exceeding.
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 10:58:23 PDT