International Student Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the International Student Specialist will be a part of the team at International Student Services Office. This person will:
- Assist with international student recruitment, including virtual and in-person methods.
- Co-develop electronic, print, social media and other communications.
- Expand our private school outreach to include five boroughs and select markets in Northern New Jersey.
- Identify and form connections with key community partners and other similar agencies/institutions throughout the city and surrounding area that can work with us to identify potential international students.
- Monitor federal regulations and policies of international students' compliance including assisting students with visas and fill-up with SEVIS and other reports.
- Participate in campus-wide retention and persistence outreach and activities.
- Provide assistance with major college-wide events such as: commencement, orientation, registration and honors convocation.
- Provide guidance to students and help them navigate the student related functions of CUNYfirst as they transition into BMCC.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) between the college and Department of Homeland Security in maintaining the accuracy of immigration files for international F-1 students.
- Serve as a SEVIS Compliance Officer and liaison between the college, the University and the Department of Homeland Security audits unit.
- Stay informed of current services and new developments of issues for international students.
- Work with Director to create a sustained, robust communication plan for international students.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Must have extensive background and knowledge in understanding and administering federal rules and regulations regarding international student matters.
- Must have extensive background and experience working with international students.
- Must have experience with working knowledge of current higher education practice, theory and research.
- Knowledge of best practices in student success program implementation with an emphasis on research, assessment and data-informed decision making.
- Successful implementation of student programs for a diverse student population and evidence of successful collaborations.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Organizes and administers programs to support the success of international students.
- Coordinates international student recruitment and enrollment services
- Collects, evaluates, and reports information on a number of international student success factors
- Works with campus departments on programs which promote the success of international students
- Creates and implements communications strategies, workshops/events, and other special resources to support the international student community
- Monitors compliance activities at the campus (e.g., visas, SEVIS and other reports) and stays current on regulations and other developments
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $47,340 - $81,855
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
July 21, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: International Student Specialist
Job ID: 16986
Full/Part Time: Full-Time