WorkDay Technical Lead Analyst
Posting Date June 22, 2016
Position Title WorkDay Technical Lead Analyst
Vacancy # V-1163
Department Information Technology
Division Academic Affairs
Montclair State University (MSU) is implementing a host of new applications and technologies, including new Finance (PeopleSoft), Student (Banner), and HR (WorkDay) systems, to enable our rapidly growing campus and academic programs. We are recruiting for a number of positions to strengthen the IT team supporting this environment.
Reporting directly to the AVP of Enterprise Application Services, the WorkDay Technical Lead Analyst shall be responsible for assisting MSU with the implementation and on-going support of integrations, reports, security and configuration of the WorkDay HR ERP.
The primary responsibilities of the WorkDay Technical Lead Analyst include technical implementation and support for the WorkDay HR suite and associated third party products. The lead analyst, in collaboration with the OneMontclair project team and Human Resources spondsors shall develop and refine the technical workstreams to accomplish the functional user requirements. This includes adherence to project management approaches and disciplines consistent with the MSU OneMontclair PMO to plan and execute the technical work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Based on prior experience with WorkDay and related 3rd Party systems, the successful candidate will:
• Participate in the review of business processes, make recommendations for change, and implement automated workflow solutions as identified.
• Complete tasks as assigned to support the implementation of new technologies.
• Participate in fit-gap and prototyping sessions.
• Configure, test and debug software solutions.
• Use appropriate computer software tools to write queries, design workflows, and develop reports which support the departments within the University.
• Analyze data to ensure accurate reporting. Maintain and regularly review an inventory of reports, i.e., system delivered reports, business unit required transactional reports, and compliance required reports.
• Troubleshoot and analyze integration, reporting and security issues, including thinking 'outside' the box to develop and test various business process scenarios.
• Evaluate the customer needs and appropriately recommend future system enhancements.
• Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of staff and student personal information, financial records and associated information.
• Become involved with the WorkDay user community in operational and data governance aspects.
Technical Project Coordinator tasks:
• Coordinate detailed tasks and resource planning with IT and WorkDay to flesh-out the technical workstream project plans.
• Follow MSU OneMontclair PMO processes and procedures for effective management of the technical work for the WorkDay project.
• Work with technical contacts at Implementation partners involved in the WorkDay project for successful implementation, integration, and operations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; however, applicants with extensive experience in the related field will also be considered.
• At least 5 years of experience managing technical project tasks
• At least 3 years' experience implementing or supporting the WorkDay integrations, reporting and security configuration.
• Strong understanding of the implementation and usage of the WorkDay HR suite..• Must have excellent technical skills and must be able to work with a diverse project team consisting of resources from all parts of the organization (both IT & Business).
• Excellent project/time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
• Self-motivated and able to perform with minimal supervision.
• Strong familiarity and experience with Systems Development Life Cycle and/or Technical Project Management (traditional Requirements, Design, Code, Test, Deploy).
• Knowledge of XML, Java, XSLT technologies.
• Cognos report writer to create and maintain a diverse set of reports for functional users.
• WorkDay technical knowledge (Enterprise Interface Builder and Workday Report Writer).
• 3rd party systems experience in Kronos timekeeping.
• 3rd party systems experience with ADP payroll processing.
• Familiarity with Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus.
• Strong functional knowledge of HCM.
Commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.*https://jobs-montclairedu.icims.com/jobs/1488/workday-technical-lead-analyst/job?mobile=false&width=706&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Apply By Open until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION