Research Program Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Pulmonary Disease
Research Program Coordinator
Position #732772 - Requisition #09249
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The School of Medicine, Department of Pulmonary Disease has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Asthma Program Research Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Research Program Coordinator. This full-time position will be responsible for managing the research enterprise for the Clinical and Translational Program within the Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine. This position will focus on working directly with faculty will be responsible for getting the lab up and running, high level administrative duties, financial and technical work in a manner that promotes the Division's mission of teaching, research, and service.
Research Program Support
- Knowledge of IACUC and IRB submission processes
- Lab ordering, budgeting, monitor lab spending
- New Equipment Purchases
- Coordinate equipment setup, servicing and repair
- Lab Meeting Organization
- Planning and design of programmatic grant application
- Preparing budgets, budget justifications, biosketches and resource documents
- Organization and management of NIH-sponsored studies
Post Award Management
- Monitor expenditure activity of funded grants
- Salary funding distributions
- Progress reports
- Asthma and Fibrosis Meeting Coordination
- Assistance with Letters of Support
- Assistance with Publishing activities
- Calendar management for multiple faculty
- CV Updates
- Assistance with recruiting and hiring of new personnel
- Submission of J-1 and H-1B Visas
- Personnel Administration
- Vacation and Time Sheet approval
- Travel arrangements and reimbursement
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience in research program support.
- Experience with Pre Award and Post Award Management
- Previous experience working in higher education
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 2 years of professional level experience in research program support.
- Experience with University systems: InfoEd, HRMS, mFIN, Marketplace, Concur, etc.
Competencies (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of basic project management tools and techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once to ensure all details are being covered
- Experience with proposals and budgets
- Experience with regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Apr 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leigh Kerwin
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732772