Performs as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Responsible for the evaluation, coordination, and implementation of the nutrition care plan for patients. Provides education and counseling to patients on their nutritional needs. Ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient use of resources. Performs duties in compliance with performance improvement plans, TJC, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies. Serves as a nutrition educator for students, medical staff, health professionals, and/or general public.
This position will serve in a PRN capacity. The ideal candidate will be available to work regular weekends and holidays as well as weekdays for weekend and/or vacation coverage.
Lexington - UKHC
$17.15 - $25.82/hour
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Nutrition or related
Required Related Experience
No Experience required
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Eligibility for Professional License; Registration or Certification
A registration eligible individual has a maximum of six (6) months from date of employment to become registered through the Commission on Dietetic Registration and licensed by the Kentucky Board of Dietitians and Nutritionists. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in termination of employment.
The physical requirements for this position include: regularly standing/walking with objects up to 10lbs, regularly sitting at a computer work station for extended periods of time (includes repetitive motions).
PRN; Approximately 8:00am - 5:00pm, regular weekends and holidays
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work
• Technical skills
• Basic computer knowledge
• Customer service/focus
• Counseling skills
• Ability to set and meet deadlines
• Works independently
• Problem solving
• Critical/Analytical thinking and understanding
• Flexible/Adapts to change
• Ability to facilitate learning and provide constructive feedback
• Time management
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
At least one year of clinical dietetics experience; highly prefer Registered and Licensed Dietitian.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a registered dietician? If not, will you be eligible to become registered within six months of hire?
- Yes, I am already a registered dietician.
- Yes, I will be eligible to become registered within six months of hire.
- * Do you have a current Kentucky License as a Dietitian or are you eligible to obtain one?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience as a dietitian.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- Cover Letter