Construction Manager- Habitat for Humanity of East Polk County
- Manage the paid construction manager, paid subcontractors, and volunteer site foremen and crew leaders for the affiliate to ensure that the construction sites work safely and in the timely manner as outlined by the affiliate's annual construction strategy.
- Ensure that all plans are kept up-to-date, permits recorded, subcontractors qualified, inspections ordered and tracked, materials ordered and delivered to the site and all construction updates communicated to appropriate parties involved in the construction process.
- Take oversight responsibility for the How to Build a House Manual and the Gantt Chart for the affiliate.
- Act as Co-Chairman for the affiliate's construction committee.
- Publish an updated Gantt Chart weekly, informing the volunteer coordinator as to which type and quantity of volunteers are needed at each site on Saturdays and optional weekdays.
- Ensure that homes are built within budget, to plan specifications and within all prevailing building codes.
- Provide backup to Construction Manager as needed.
- Perform all specific duties below and any others identified by the Affiliate President or approved by the Board of Directors.
• Create specific job descriptions for the Paid Construction Manager, and Volunteer Site Foremen and Volunteer Crew Leaders so that all clearly understand and manage their specific roles.
o Conduct or facilitate training for those positions above as needed.
o Review performance in writing no less than once per fiscal year.
• Manage the communication weekly with the Paid Construction Manager, Volunteer Site Foremen and Crew Leaders and the Volunteer Coordinators to ensure that the right resources are made available to fulfill the specific construction schedule at hand.
• Evaluate, update and manage Standard Operation Procedures and Project Management tools to ensure successful execution of the building process including but not limited to the How to Build a House Manual and the Gantt Chart.
• Find qualified paid subcontractors, put out to bid, establish contracts and award the work
o Ensure that contractors are meeting the requirements of the affiliate.
o Ensure that Paid Construction Manager is coordinating with Paid Subcontractors to ensure they are on site / on schedule.
o With the Construction Manager, review performance in writing no less than once per fiscal year.
• Manage the stock of building materials appropriate to each of the housing models we build, ensuring that the correct quantity and type of materials are at the sites at the correct timeframe.
o Seek approval of construction committee and affiliate president prior to any change in specific materials used in the process of building homes.
Bachelors in business, construction management or equivalent work experience.
• In-depth and general construction skills
• Comprehensive working knowledge of local building code
• Estimating capabilities
• Project Management
• QuickBooks or other project cost tracking program
• Extensive Computer Skills IBM compatible: Full MS Office Suite
• Strong analytical, communication, planning and collaborative skills
10+ years in general contracting, building contracting or building development with oversite of diverse building crews a requirement. Experience in working with volunteers a plus.
Licenses or Certificates
General Office Activities - Walking, Standing, Sitting, Talking, Typing, etc.
Have the ability to:
• Work independently
• Be self motivated and directed.
• Communicate effectively and tactfully with all shareholders in the affiliate.
• Pay close attention to detail.
• Organize and schedule work effectively.
• Work well under time constraint.
• Handle multiple tasks.
• Work in a fast - paced environment.
• Handle confidential information.
PHYSICAL HAZARDS -- Health and Safety Concerns
General Office Environment.
Exposure to building materials
General jobsite hazards
EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL MATERIALS
Habitat for Humanity of East Polk County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God's love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of East Polk County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
Winter Haven, FL
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 04:30:50 PDT