General Job Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components and systems of innovation and excellence.
• Experienced in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems
• Experienced in the design, build and installation of simple to very complex automated control circuits and upgrading older circuits
• Experience with the commissioning of AC and DC drives, servo controls and steppers, including special and advanced applications
• Ability to perform project and budget management with set goals and deadlines.
• Ability to use professional software; Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
• Experience in performing a full lifecycle of product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
• Ability to design systems and components that meet all needs and requirements
• Ability to produce outline designs
• Ability to identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
• Ability to evaluate final product's overall performance, reliability and safety
• Ability to alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
• Assist management with the estimation of budget and scope of new and existing projects
• Solicit observations from operators
• Prepare product reports and documentation
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
• Work with customers to find and meet their needs regarding mechanical systems.
• Work with team to accomplish goals of projects.
• Proven working experience in mechanical engineering - minimum 5 years
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Proven working experience with 2D and 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, SolidWorks Electrical, SolidWorks Electrical 3D, Autodesk, Inventor or other)
• Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
• Creativity and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
• Technical writing skills
• BSc degree in Engineering or equal relevant experience
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Must be willing to travel to remote client locations
Benefits we provide our Associates include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time, salaried
PHD Technology Solutions is an industrial automation systems integrator serving the Mid Atlantic region with an extreme focus on client satisfaction. We continuously strive to provide strategies and services which deliver short and long term commercial benefits to our clients based upon their key business & manufacturing goals. We know that our customers success is our success and we never waiver from our commitment to evolve strategies that are economical, efficient, durable, flexible, and allow us to respond rapidly to both market and customer demands.
PHD Technology Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employee. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:04:07 PDT