Project Manager - Civil Sitework (1 position available)
Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking an experienced Project Manager (1 position available).
Main office is located in Winter Garden, FL, and project worksites are currently located throughout Central Florida, and SW Florida.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager
Job Description: Manages construction projects from initial client contact to completion. Coordinates and reviews pre-construction activity and directly manages project construction. May be responsible for more than one active project at a time and may have Assistant Project Managers reporting to him/her.
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Ability to manage several projects at a time and manage large projects (greater than $5 Million)
- Assists in the preparation of presentations & proposals to prospective clients; including conceptual estimates, and other proposal documents
- Review design, provide input and monitor progress of design work w/ particular attention to scope & cost changes
- Prepare detailed estimates, accounting cost codes, budgets, progress schedules and purchase orders/subcontracts
- Responsible for preparing inquiries, receiving bids, and awarding purchase orders & subcontractors for all items of work
- Plans and schedules the work, including preparing and updating of detailed schedules. Prepares and distributes monthly progress reports to Executive Management
- Identifies project resource requirements
- Responsible for cost control and completing monthly cost projections for projects assigned.
- Handles client relations, including correspondence, reports, change order, personal contacts, and response to client request or complaints
- Maintain and organize shop drawing process, including ordering, receive and expediting shop drawing from vendors and subcontractors; review, transmit and expediting to A/E for approval. Distribute to project team
- Change Order preparation and approval from Owner as necessary
- Prepare requisitions for payment (as project requires) or appropriate invoices on all projects, and follow up on any disputed or delinquent accounts receivable.
- Accounts Receivable collection shall result in maximum positive cash flow for each project.
- Contract management for all purchase orders and subcontracts
- Approve vendors/subcontractors requisitions for payment
- Participate in completing and performing annual employee evaluations
- Review and approve daily timesheets from the crew(s) assigned to your projects
- Able to perform cost estimating for new projects and change order estimates for assigned projects
- Able to identify and manage project claims efficiently and expeditiously; including, utility damage, private property claims and the like. Work with Risk Management to resolve issues
- Able to identify and correct safety infractions on projects assigned. Work with Safety Director to help improve company safety.
- Educational and experience requirements include; Four-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus Five years or more experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management
- Evaluate information and analyze problems logically to develop solutions; Understand relationships and communicate properly, using written and verbal language effectively; Work with numbers accurately to review budgets and schedules; Perform variety of management duties which may change periodically.
- Physically: Must be able to hear and see well (either naturally or with correction); communicate well; sit or stand for long periods of time; climb ladders; and enter/exit trenches.
- Proficient with Windows computers and various software including scheduling, spreadsheets, word processor, email, and project management software.
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer's purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver's license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions. Applications may be completed on our website www.gibbsandregister.com and emailed to our HR department
Gibbs & Register's mission is to be recognized by the guiding principles of our vision, people, and culture. Our statement provides a roadmap to our employees as we work together with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, and professional service organizations toward our goal of providing the highest quality construction services in our industry.
We will be a company that.....G.I.V.E.S.
Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Interact with integrity, professionalism, and friendliness
Safe place people enjoy working
Winter Garden, FL
Thu, 1 Jun 2017 13:28:25 PDT