Now Hiring Production Lead
Oberto Brands, known for our high quality, delicious meat snacks are currently hiring at our Kent, Washington manufacturing facility.
The Production Lead is responsible for directing and monitoring overall activities in a specific work area or department. Oberto currently has two Lead positions available. One position will direct workflow in the Hanging department while the other will direct workflow in the Cut Down department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Ensure that production personnel can start on time by directing a set up crew that prepares the processing room prior to the start of the shift.
• Ensure employees maintain company standards by keeping track of department, line, and employee efficiencies.
• Responsible for training all new employees, monitoring employee performance, and ensuring that procedures are followed.
• Coach, direct and motivate employees regarding performance, attendance, and other company guidelines as necessary.
• Direct department in coordination of personnel and product to ensure smooth work transition and that the schedule is being met.
• Maintain even flow of work by being organized, planning ahead and being able to make changes as needed.
• Develop highly productive personnel and work teams by monitoring efficiencies, conducting reviews, counseling sessions, evaluations, insisting on safety, and by keeping up to date records.
• Ensure operators and other personnel are accountable for their areas of responsibility.
• Ensure proper production by monitoring all aspects of department and shift, including paperwork, equipment, cleanliness and personnel, meeting company and USDA specifications.
• Ensure profitability of plant by avoiding waste, and aggressively managing supply and other budget areas including payroll and overtime.
• Have a working knowledge of all jobs in area of responsibility, and be able to step in to run equipment/machine to fill in for vacations or sick time.
• Monitor quality of products, troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies.
• Communicate to Shift Supervisor regarding production schedule.
• Monitor and assist in the writing and performing of employee annual reviews.
• Encourage safety by insisting on a clean safe working environment, and that employees are following good GMP practices.
SCHEDULE: Positions are swing shift. 8 hour shifts with overtime required during peak summer/fall production.
• 1 - 2 year production/processing experience preferred
• 1 - 2 years lead experience preferred
ABOUT OBERTO: Oberto offers a creative environment filled with other talented people. We are committed to rewarding our teammates for their hard work, enthusiasm and professional excellence. Company perks include:
• Competitive hourly rates
• Quarterly performance incentive
• 401K Plan with company match
• Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long term disability and life insurance.
TO APPLY: Go to www.oberto.com/careers to see the full posting and to apply for the position. Please include a resume with your application.
Oberto Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (253) 437-6100.
Privately held Oberto Brands, a leader in the meat snacks category, was established in Seattle in 1918 by an Italian immigrant family in pursuit of the American Dream. The Oberto family still remains an integral part of the business, and their hard work and dedication to great tasting products has grown the company from humble beginning into what is today a national leader in meat snacks manufacturing. Oberto Brands owns three core brands: Oh Boy, Oberto!, Lowrey's Meat Snacks and Pacific Gold Beef Jerky. Its popular products are found primarily in convenience stores, as well as on grocery aisles and club stores throughout the United States. www.obertobrands.com.
Oberto offers a creative environment filled with other talented people. We are committed to rewarding our teammates for their hard work, enthusiasm and professional excellence. Company perks include:
Oberto Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (253) 437-6100.
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:28:07 PDT