Project Manager Job Description
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
• Experience managing and implementing Department of Defense (DoD) contracts like the Navy and Marines would be excellent, or contracts with Department of Homeland Security.
• Experience in implementing Motorola ASTRO25 trunking systems or upgrades would be beneficial.
• Experience with DoD Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL) would be beneficial
• Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the installation efforts of company and/or
• Responsible for the successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and
according to contract requirements and prescribed quality standards.
• Develop clear understanding of all contract requirements and negotiate all installation subcontracts.
• Controls inventory of equipment and parts.
• Coordinates all system training, optimization, testing, and acceptance.
• Prepare budgets, reports, and scheduling for each project assigned.
• Prepares Technical Proposal Bids and Quotes for Systems Integration, as needed.
• Ensures the profitability and customer satisfaction of the project.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• 7-10 years experience in project management.
• Prior technical background of 5 to 7 years experience as an Engineer, senior technician, Project Leader, or similar experience is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully apply advanced project management skill in such areas as
customer relations, team building, matrix management, project planning, conflict resolution, and
• Capable of developing detailed project status reports and conducting formal customer briefings.
• Quote activity, ensuring service quotations are correct, and writing and administering subcontracts.
• Experience in developing Statement of Work (SOW) for vendors, and able to manage vendors
• Has knowledge of proper installation procedures and can determine proper quality installation
• Able to manage complex teams with team members and customers remotely dispersed
• Must have good technical writing skills and computer skills
• Computer skills capable of working with databases, Outlook, MS Office and Project.
• Knowledge and ability to use project management software is critical.
• PM must be a United States citizen.
• Each PM must have a personal background that would allow issuance of a US Government Security Clearance and be willing to submit to a detailed background investigation for Department of Defense and other Federal Government Agencies Security Clearances.
• An Active Secret clearance is desirable.
• Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% or more of the time away from home and live at a project site for extended periods within the continental U.S.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 14:56:36 PDT