Pebble Junction Inc.
Sanford, FL Office(s)
Supervise the Managers & Supervisors responsible for Accounting, Operations, Production, Purchasing and the Selling & Marketing of decorative stone veneer, decorative landscape products and other products offered to dealers, contractors, mass merchandisers and major accounts and end-users in all Florida Sales Territories.
- Co-ordinates with Field Sales Manager & Inside Sales Manager, if applicable and staffing of the Sales & Marketing department
- Insures sales force meets or exceeds all objectives & reports activities to the management team.
- Call on Major Accounts
- Review all meetings to insure appropriate implementation of company policies.
- Insure accuracy of Forecast of anticipated market sales with Sales Supervisor & Field Sales Manager as applicable.
- Review reports of all sales & marketing activities, report findings to management team.
- Co-ordinates policy/planning of all sales & marketing activities.
- Directs the scheduling, approves cost & new product assignments to completion.
- Approves methods & procedures for work activities & reports plan to the senior management team.
- Co-ordinates company policy to employees & periodically reviews policies & practices
- Approves the elimination of unprofitable items, services and markets
- Insures & promotes satisfactory customer relations.
- Approves programs, policies with the various managers & supervisors to insure prompt service to customers.
- Co-ordinates policies & programs on company contracts, procedures & prices.
- Approves all Florida Sales territories, goals, quotas & employee job assignments.
- Approves all policies regarding customer sales & advertising.
- Co-ordinates all trade shows & insures all trade shows, sales meetings and policies and practices are properly implemented.
- Approve, analyze all sales statistics used to approve policy/planning.
- Review & approve periodic sales & marketing reports, report activities to the senior management team.
- Approve policies & procedures to insure all customer complaints are appropriately managed.
- Responsible for Reporting all required reports and documents to the CEO, Comptroller and other management as assigned. All reports are emailed & executed daily for the previous day.
- Operations, Production and Purchasing
- Responsible for all Staffing, Scheduling, Hiring & Firing of all Pebble Junction Inc., Operations, Production and Purchasing employees.
- Responsible for the Opening & Closing of the yard & buildings at our Sanford, FL facilities.
- The manager is responsible for all of the Daily Safety Checks (see list attached).
- Manager is responsible for all Quality Control, of Purchased and Fabricated Materials.
- Daily activity Report - summarizing activities at the Pebble Junction site.
- Submit pre-defined report for Sales, Operations, Logistics & Production, daily.
- Daily safety report
- Daily reporting and approval of labor & staffing, based on DQI/PJ
- Daily activity Report - summarizing activities at the Pebble Junction site.
- Supervision of all company equipment to be maintained and operated to company policies.
- Supervise and or arrange freight movements to customer's yard(s) and from various product vendors.
- Generate material purchase orders for direct shipments from our product vendors.
- Manage purchase orders for PJI yard(s) product inventory.
- Generate product purchase orders as necessary between PJI & DQI yard(s), for PJI inventory and or customer sales.
- Supervise and or assist as necessary with purchase order receipts.
- Arrange & assist with all shipments to DQI Location(s), including onsite co-ordination.
- Supervise and insure on a continuing basis new freight vendors and select appropriate freight vendors.
- Supervise and maintain on a daily basis all freight rates & surcharges including fuel, bridges etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and nurturing all existing freight vendor relationships.
- Monitor all freight moves to insure timely deliveries in accordance with company policies.
- Supervise all freight moves and delivery schedules especially those deliveries deemed important or any non-conforming deliveries to the sales staff for appropriate customer notification(s).
- Notify DQI Operations Manager & the Director of National sales as to pricing or product availability issues.
- Manage all special terms vendors & deliveries and insure compliance with payment terms.
- Communicate with vendors to insure product availability prior to the dispatching of TRUCKS
- Create, maintain and record all negotiated prices on a daily basis utilizing company computer software whenever possible and or designated filing methods.
- Supervise & or negotiate continuing positive pricing or rates with vendors and common carriers.
- Insure compliance with all company policies including proper paperwork and scale tickets.
- Notify local supervisors of discontinued products or product shortages.
- Notify CEO and the Director of National sales or as directed of product changes, product issues and hours of operation.
- Create, implement and improve logistics process & procedures on a continuing basis. All changes shall require initially a minimum of your supervisor's approval. An example would be vendor solicitation or negotiation concepts. Another example would be communication of rates or rate types to customers thru the sales staff. Still another would be timely notification of product backlogs & new concepts.
- Maintain shared freight vendor information in Sage100 or Sage CRM, Outlook and Excel or other approved software. The purpose is to improve communication with appropriate company personnel.
- Review sales orders, purchase orders for accuracy & completeness. Correct as necessary.
- Supervise & or provide freight quotation(s), pricing formulas or conditions for new or updated freight moves.
- Assist as necessary with sales when sales help is required at the Pebble Junction location.
- Assist or participate as necessary with accounting if and when requested.
- Assist or participate as necessary with inventory, purchasing.
- Perform all duties in an independent manner with minimal supervision.
- Maintain and manage your work area, in a neat and orderly manner.
- Participates in management meetings as requested and is responsible for the reporting relevant action item(s) to senior management.
- Analyzes freight statistics to help formulate policy/planning.
- Participate in preparation of periodic reports showing all relevant & potential data.
- Develops & implements methods & procedures for monitoring work activities, such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports, etc. to inform management of current activities.
- Promotes satisfactory customer relations.
- Works closely with company personnel, assist outside sales to ensure prompt service to our customers.
- Answers all questions concerning product(s), with appropriate referrals where required.
Report to C.E.O. & co-ordinate with Finance & Director of Sales counterparts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The level of knowledge required for General Manager is specialized, generally requiring a minimum of a year of training. In addition; a four-year degree or its equivalent in education or work experience, some mechanical aptitude, excellent verbal, writing and computer skills. Five years of sales management and equivalent Operations and Production experience preferably in the construction or landscape industry. Experience with dealers, contractors and mass merchandisers highly desirable.
s in company meetings as requested
- Valid Driver's License with proof of auto insurance
Full range of movement, with some occasional lifting
Interstate travel with some overnight required. General Manager shall have an awareness of company policies & procedures; the GM will maintain this information in an appropriate file system. Work hours are, as current assignment requires.
Building and Landscaping stone quarrier and provider. Been in business for 70yrs. Sell all types of natural stone,...gravels, wallstone, fieldstone, boulders, thin and thick veneer, etc.
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:54:08 PDT