Electrician - Journeyman
• High School diploma or a GED certificate is required.
• Journeyman's Class A license is required. Master is preferred. Must stay current with technical knowledge and licensing requirements.
• Working knowledge of relays, motors and gearboxes is required.
• Must be able to work with up to 12,470 volt 3-phase equipment and switch gears as well as lower voltages in both single and 3-phase.
• Must be able to work with programmable controllers, distributive control systems and hardwired/software interlocks, variable frequency drives, DC drives and related appurtenances.
• Must be able to reason through problems involving set-up of routine instrumentation projects and maintenance of complex processing equipment. Must possess judgment required to plan and select and use the correct materials, tools and equipment in electrical construction or maintenance.
• Must have knowledge of tools and instruments required to perform instrument and electronic maintenance, new installations and troubleshooting.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively with others.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper/safe use of tools and instruments and be able to identify them by proper name.
• Must be able to read, understand, and be capable of applying knowledge of written information, electrical wiring diagrams, OEM manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc. and possess math skills required to perform job requirements.
• Working knowledge of the Company's (SAP) computerized maintenance management system is required.
• Basic understanding of the beet sugar process and ancillary services is required for the process (i.e. boiler house).
• Working knowledge of OSHA standards and NEC to assure compliance by the employee and others working with the employee.
• Must be able to reference, read and understand how to use MSDS information.
• Must possess or obtain forklift certification.
• Working knowledge of all major agricultural and process equipment and associated processes is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs and assists in all factory, agricultural and operations maintenance activities. All applicable work is done in accordance with National, State and Local Electrical Codes.
• Communicates with others to determine appropriate priorities.
• Works with non-licensed personnel to train and enable those individuals to work the required time to test for an electrical license.
• Sets an effective pace and minimizes interruptions in the process and agricultural operations.
• Participates in safety programs and safety training and demonstrates total commitment and compliance with all Company Safety and Sanitation policies.
Major Duties: (continued)
• Repairs, replaces and installs new generators online.
• Uses the Company's computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to record and access maintenance related information.
• Programs, troubleshoots, and operates programmable controllers, distributive control systems and interlocking systems.
• Uses time effectively to troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Performs timely and effective electrical maintenance and repair on rolling stock.
• Performs other work as assigned.
• Works overtime as required.
Work Environment: Exposed to wet and humid conditions, extreme heat and cold. Works continuously near mechanical parts requiring lockout/tag-out procedures, exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and explosive hazards. Noise levels may exceed 85db. Occasionally, works at a high elevation. Personal Protective Equipment must be worn when required.
Physical/Cognitive Requirements: Must be able to access locations at all levels of the factory, yards and sugar bins, including awkward and confined spaces. Must be able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds. Able to read and interpret electrical and electronic wiring diagrams and demonstrate knowledge of such. Must be physically capable of operating a forklift, using all required safety equipment and must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, communicate effectively and demonstrate understanding of all safety rules and regulations. Must be able to understand and use MSDS information.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
In determining who is the most qualified applicant, the Company reserves the right to consider a variety of factors including skills, training, education, employee's job performances evaluated by employee's supervisor, employee's disciplinary record and employee's attendance record.
An independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA.
Specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Management, IT, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management, and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 20:27:41 PDT