Coordinator, Mentoring Programs
Job Title Coordinator, Mentoring Programs
The Coordinator, Mentoring Programs develops, implements, assesses, and oversees student mentoring and leadership programs; designs and implements workshops; and assists the Director, Retention and First Year Experience with the development and delivery of office programming and data gathering.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Two years of experience in mentoring, developing mentoring programs, coordinating mentoring work, or related area.
Two years of assistantship/Internship experience in mentoring, developing mentoring programs, coordinating mentoring work, or related area can substitute for one year of the required experience.
Work experience in higher education or student services.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Four years of experience working with undergraduate students within a higher education institution.
Experience in mentoring and in developing and coordinating mentoring programs, service learning, student leadership, and other high impact educational practices for first year students.
Experience designing academic support programs addressing special characteristics, interests, and backgrounds, including students in Honors Programs/Colleges, academic programs, and athletics.
Experience planning and running training programs, as well as collecting and researching data for assessment.
Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives on a college campus.
Experience with Microsoft Access.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of student intellectual, emotional and social development theory, techniques and research associated with ensuring the success of diverse student populations.
Knowledge of FERPA and other federal, state, and local laws, statutes, regulations, codes, and standards related to student records.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Access.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to gather data, maintain records, and prepare reports and other written
Ability to develop and deliver training presentations and programs.
Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, documents, and databases using Microsoft Office.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to implement new programs and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness.
Salary Range $34,000 - $36,800
Essential Job Duties
• Organizes and oversees mentoring programs for various academic areas.
• Designs, implements, and executes workshops and class courses or sessions for mentors.
• Updates and maintains mentoring guidelines and procedures in relation to campus policies and best mentoring practices.
• Assists with recruitment, training, and supervision of mentors.
• Monitors, assesses and evaluates success of mentors, mentees, and mentor programs.
• Develops and coordinates academic and co-curricular programming designed to increase retention and graduation rates of undergraduate students.
• Participates in campus activities, new student orientation programs, and recruitment events to promote office initiatives and programs.
• Under the guidance of the Director, tracks student enrollment and academic performance statistics.
• Works with administrators, faculty, staff, and students to assist in the development and the implementation of programs.
• Promotes the importance of student academic success.
• Provides support to other Undergraduate Studies programs.
• Monitors and evaluates mentors. Works on assessment of programs, including designing and implementing assessment strategies, collecting and analyzing data, and writing reports.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS278P
Open Date 06/16/2017
Close Date 07/09/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization?
- * Do you have two or more years of experience in mentoring, developing mentoring programs, coordinating mentoring work, or related area?
- * Do you have work experience in higher education or student services?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)