IHP Co-Director of Dissemination and Knowledge Translation (STAFF)
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master’s and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,400 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The main function of this position is to manage several research projects and direct dissemination/knowledge translation activities related to the disability field. Functions include:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
40% - Co-directs all dissemination and knowledge translation activities for SNERSCIC. Manages and advises on research-related and administrative aspects of research projects: hiring and training new employees; coordinating, setting agendas for and facilitating all regularly scheduled meetings; leading strategic plan for study design and implementation of funded intervention research; monitoring project timelines; oversees required record keeping; identifies and troubleshoots with the PI and Research Director (comprising the Executive Team) on issues relative to established timelines and project goals and the needs of collaborating research and education partners .
15% - Implements procedures and s upervises & trains center staff, consultants, interns, and multi-site partner staff as appropriate.
15% - Organizes and oversees dissemination of the research findings with input from the PI. Drafts, writes and takes lead in submitting all lay publications related to the project , annual reports for funders and other agencies, oversees development of new website format and content, and other deliverables .
10% - Advises the Project Manager regarding the specific project tasks and scheduling. For relevant projects, oversees development of any study guides, operations manuals, abstracts, summaries and project education materials or brochures that detail the project in plain language for the study participants. Implements and adjusts as needed all procedures established to recruit, enroll, consent, collect data from and pay study participants and follow-up contact with study participants.
5% - Full budgetary responsibility for relevant projects
5% - Serves as the PI's liaison with any advisory panels, expert panels or national organizations as deemed necessary to further the research efforts
5% - Advises Project Manager for strategic planning around data management, data transfer and entry and data cleaning for analysis.
5% - Prepares and writes grant proposals
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, biostatistics, social work, psychology, or related field
- 7-10 years in project directing/management, research and dissemination, as well as clinical or programmatic direct service
- Extensive knowledge of disability, with particular emphasis on physical disability and spinal cord injury
- Knowledge of SPSS and basic statistical skills
- Experience working with persons with disabilities
- Proven success in federal and foundation grant-writing and proposal development
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Access
- Ability to interpret both qualitative and quantitative data, as well as user metrics
- Proven ability to conceptualize study design and protocol development
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality, evidence-based dissemination strategic plan and related deliverables
- Proven competence in implementing research project protocols with quality improvement systems
- Understanding of website design principles
- Lead author on major research articles
- At least 8 years of management experience
- Established pubic speaking experience on a national level
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to do some travel
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Job: Education - Management
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 32
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP Provost
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017