The Content Department is looking for all-star individuals who want to revolutionize the way people think about and watch TV. We're looking for passionate Content Coordinator with a broad knowledge of pop culture, TV, film, and online video.
As a member of our team, you will often be operating under tight deadlines where self-direction and task management are a must. In addition, many of the projects are collaborative and require you to work with other members of the team to develop great programming, even outside of your areas of interest and/or expertise. Therefore, a willingness to learn and explore new things with an open mind is important. Finally, this position requires someone who is willing to speak up and offer constructive feedback on projects as well as receive it.
This is an entry-level job position for someone with 1-3 years of work experience. Please take this into consideration when you apply.
- Working closely with multiple team members to create a quality programming experience
- Programming the broadcast schedule for multiple channels
- Daily and weekly curation of video content around themes and pop culture trends
- Maintaining our content database of TV, film and digital catalogs (i.e. asset management)
- Participate in data entry, quality assurance (QA), and clerical duties within our content management system (CMS)
- Reviewing content catalogs from major entertainment brands, digital creators, and independent creators
- Creating promotional copywriting for a variety of channels and content
- Attending the daily and weekly staff meetings
- Willingness to work on things outside your area of interest/expertise
- Review and incorporate data analytics around content performance
- Monitoring live and prerecorded programming events (including nights and weekends)
- Learning new software and practices to increase efficiency and quality
- Ability to work across departments to ensure deadlines are met
- Enthusiastic about pop culture, TV, film and online video. Passion for comedy a plus.
- Ability to perform in-depth research on a variety of subjects (a master at Google search)
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Experience working with and/or producing content
- Creativity and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to management multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Understanding of software such as Microsoft Office and Google Apps Suite. Experience with content publishing software like WordPress a plus.
About the Position:
- This is a 40hr a week contractor position with potential to join full-time with benefits after 2-month trial period.
- Compensation: Hourly. This is an entry-level position with potential for career growth.
- Required to work in-house at company headquarters in Los Angeles, CA (near LACMA)
- Training will be provided for various software systems
- Parking pass for off-street lot
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, 401k, Paid time off
- You must provide your own computer: Mac (OS 10.7.x +) or PC (Windows 7+)
- Cold brew on tap plus lots of great snacks
Pluto TV is a free online television service broadcasting over 75 live channels full of the TV shows, movies and Internet videos you love, all on one dial.
Los Angeles, CA
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:15:21 PDT