Quality Assurance and Kitchen Supervisor
Established product-focused, people-oriented food manufacturer located in Philadelphia suburbs is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance/ Kitchen Supervisor for its onsite commissary. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Supervisor will oversee a team of 20+ employees to insure food safety; quality assurance of products, procedures and processes; and adherence to HACCP and FDA regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes primary responsibility for all food production and procedures in commissary kitchen, including compliance to recipe specifications, food safety, quality assurance, sanitation and adherence to regulatory requirements. Examples: food prep, weights/measures, equipment sanitizing, etc.
- Stays current and strengthens expertise in food safety best practices, public health regulations and industry best practices.
- Controls food costs, waste and other controllable factors.
- Conducts inventories for ingredients and package materials. Requisitions ingredients and package materials in a timely manner to guarantee adequate supply is maintained.
- Prepares management reports, ex. production forms, temperature logs, etc., as required.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery. Reports maintenance and repair issues in a timely manner.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food costs.
- Manages work flow balance among team members and determines daily manpower planning, ex: when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs based on sick calls or volume changes.
- Performs team member duties as required to run the commissary kitchen.
- This job posting describes the general duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties not listed may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience working in manufacturing, kitchen management, or food production
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written; willingness to lead a team and work as part of a team, bi-lingual in English and French a plus.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
- Able to train others and give positive/critical feedback to employees.
- Effective time management skills, strong organizational skills, and available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Stand and work for extended periods of time in a refrigerated environment.
- Bend and lift loads in excess of 50 lbs. Push and pull carts in excess of 50 lbs. Reach above and below shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation, ex: using knives, making sandwiches, etc.
- Must have a minimum of two years college experience with major in food science/food marketing.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting salary: $45,000+ commensurate with experience, skills and education
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Day time hours
- Great working environment
Since 1978, LeBus has become on of the most respected brands in the metro Philadelphia region. From its humble beginnings selling soups and sandwiches from a converted school bus, LeBus has grown into the pre-eminent artisan bakery in the tri-state area. The bakery continues to supply some of the most prestigious restaurants, hotels, and other food service establishments with artisan with artisan breads/rolls, handmade pastries and packaged salads and sandwiches. As an industry leader, LeBus is seeking the right candidate who has the passion, drive and experience to expand the customer base through prospecting, to build new businesses, and to communicate new products to existing customers.
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:03:25 PDT