We will be hiring a software engineer who will be focusing on the creation of the CAT system (Consolidated Audit Trail)] we need to create a tracking system, so they created OATS which will now be replaced (partially) by CAT.
We are building the pre-cursor for the system to replace OATS (which is a KDB based system) migrating into Cassandra.
OATS will continue to live for at least 2 years (OATs reporting)- from client standpoint the new system will consolidate the Database off of the old system by taking the OATS based system that is already written KDB and changing it to run off of Cassandra database, and using the cloud.
This is a lot of front end work using the RRWS- regulatory reporting work station - all regulatory apps are part of this system.
For the OATS/INSIGHT system it touches all regulatory apps are on this system- HTML5 Angular JS, Spring MVC are the technologies.
This person will be tasked to develop application solutions to support the regulatory reporting suite of applications.
In this role, the candidate will be working with Senior Developers, Tech Leads and Architects to enhance Trade Reporting distributed applications.
The software development work includes maintenance and new development to existing applications.
Developers are expected to fully test their changes (DIT phase) prior to moving the code to the QA and UAT environments.
Most projects are completed using an Agile/Iterative software development methodology.
It is a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work well with others and communicate software changes to business partners, system analysts, QA engineers, etc.
- 5 years experience of Java development experience
- 3+ years experience implementing distributed systems
- 3+ years (preferably more) overall software development experience, preferable in Financial Services or Trade Reporting
- Understanding of object oriented development and service oriented architectures.
- Development experience with Redhat Linux and Linux scripting
- Knowledge of HTML, Oracle and Ctrl -M
- Knowledge of Agile, Jira and QC11 preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent data analysis and debugging skills
- Experience with multiple database concepts, i.e. Cassandra or any sharded db
- Python and Java
- Chef or docker
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on role throughout the lifecycle of the project, including production support
- Strong technical understanding and ability to influence technical resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Resolve issues promptly/escalate as required
- Participate in requirements prioritization
Global Technical Talent, a Precocity-owned company, and a subsidiary of Chenega Corporation is searching for aggressive and talented business development team members. Our 5600+ employee organization represents over 900m in annual revenues across a variety of industries. GTT is a leading national staffing agency focused on IT talent; with clients nationwide and a technology-driven recruiting infrastructure, we get the best candidates into the hands of our clients. This role would pursue business development for both GTT's staffing services as well as Precocity's customer experience and digital solutions SOW business.
Thu, 25 May 2017 14:11:27 PDT