Student Success Outreach and Programming Coordinator
The Student Success Outreach and Programming Coordinator will report to the Vice President. This person will:
- Assist in targeting and developing programs for the student population that have proven to be in need of intervention and assistance.
- Assist in the development of programs for students with high academic achievement, including the group of students with a GPA of 4.0.
- Assist with persistence and graduation focused activities and events.
- Collaborate with other student services areas, faculty, and staff for the purpose of the promotion of student success and retention.
- Conduct success workshops to students.
- Develop and implement programming for pre-probation students, and triple-remedial students to encourage retention.
- Participate in campus-wide retention and persistence outreach and activities.
- Present sessions to students to assist them to file Title IV appeals to have their financial aid restored.
- Provide assistance with major college-wide events such as commencement, orientation, registration and honor convocation.
- Provide outreach and resources to students that have stopped out.
- Provide outreach to continuing students including those close to graduation (45 credits or more).
- Provide students with excellent customer service both in-person and electronically.
- Respond to the needs of students from admission through graduation by removing obstacles to their progression and success and implementing intervention strategies for success.
- Stay current on best practices and innovative practices for student persistence and retention, with a focus on community college students.
- Support and maintain existing programs for student support/success.
- Work with and serve as a point person for students that receive external awards such as the Excelsior Scholarship and the NYC Merit Scholarship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree in student personnel administration, higher education or a related field preferred.
- Experience with current higher education practice, theory, and research preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in student success program implementation with an emphasis on research, assessment, and data-informed decision making.
- Successful implementation of student programs for a diverse student population and evidence of successful college-wide collaborations preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with attention to detail and proven leadership.
- Be a dynamic individual who can work independently and under general supervision to provide courteous and accurate customer service to all students, visitors and campus community.
- Be or have been involved in professional associations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media.
Willingness to work evening hours and weekends as necessary.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in preparing and providing student support services to promote the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Assists student organizations/clubs in planning, implementing events and programs, and managing expenditures
- Coordinates and helps present informational and educational programs, such as student leadership training and orientation
- Assists with the management of student affairs facilities, such as acquiring equipment and arranging event logistics
- May assume responsibility for one or more specific student programs
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $39,282 - $48,210
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
July 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Student Success Outreach and Programming Coordinator
Job ID: 16949
Full/Part Time: Full-Time