Painter (Provisional) - Facilities Management
- Under supervision, does inside and outside patching and painting of a general nature, including all coats, performs related work.
- Works on and from ladders, platforms and scaffolds as jobs may require.
- Erects ladders.
- May rig lines and scaffolds.
- Prepares, fills and primes surfaces for painting.
- Mixes paint components and matches colors.
- Applies paint with a brush, roller or spray gun to surfaces.
- Applies plasters to surfaces.
- Takes proper care of all materials, tools and equipment.
- Keeps work records as required.
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance as assigned duties.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In addition to the duties and qualifications outlined herein, it should be noted that this position is subject to the following:
- Position is required to perform work at all seven (7) college locations as required.
- Shift for this position is: 8am-3:30pm, Tuesday-Saturday
- The shift assignment may change from time to time in accordance with the needs of the college as determined by the supervisor.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelor's and master's degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theater, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot court, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
- Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years; OR
- At least three years of experience as described in 1 above and sufficient full-time satisfactory apprentice painter experience to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of apprentice painter experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click "Apply Now" below.
Otherwise please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment."
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by job opening ID number 16970
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one file.
July 15, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Painter (Provisional) - Facilities Management
Job ID: 16970