Assistant, Testing - Hourly
General Statement of Job
To assist in test administration maintaining the integrity of the testing process and exam site security.
Location Northridge Hours Monday thru Friday: 5:00pm to 8:30pm Salary $11.00/hr FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Testing Center Supervisor Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Basic office practices and procedures.
- Test administration.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Consistently following testing procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of test materials and results.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- One year experience working with students and the public.<br />
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate degree.<br />
- No Austin Community College (ACC) Testing Center employee can enroll in an ACC class that uses any ACC Testing Center. All ACC classes in which an ACC Testing Center employee is enrolled must be approved by the employee's immediate supervisor.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, and Testing Center guidelines.<br />
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.