Director of Alumni Affairs - School of Information Sciences (A1700372)
School of Information Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Director of Alumni Affairs
The School of Information Sciences seeks a Director of Alumni Affairs who is responsible for all aspects of iSchool alumni affairs and for contributing to iSchool Advancement and Corporate Relations activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive integrated strategy for iSchool alumni engagement
- Ensure that Alumni Affairs plans and events support iSchool strategic plans and operations.
- Develop and manage programs that support alumni engagement. This includes planning and staffing events locally and at conferences and other venues, editing the iSchool alumni newsletter, maintaining alumni oriented website content, etc., and designing innovative programs to ensure productive engagement for all programs and students/alumni at every stage of their career.
- Collaborate closely and fully with all iSchool offices, particularly Student Affairs, Communications, Enrollment Management, and Budget and Planning.
- Collaborate closely and fully with other University of Illinois related offices including but not limited to: the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement, the Office of Corporate Relations, the Alumni Association and the University of Illinois Foundation.
- Participate in event management for the iSchool, including but not limited to managing student and alumni aspects of selected events, organizing publicity materials, and developing briefing documents for faculty and staff attending events.
- Educate all faculty and staff on alumni affairs projects, objectives and issues.
- Serve on the Campus Advisory Council for Alumni Relations, and if needed represent the iSchool to University Advancement and Corporate Relations offices and on other relevant University committees.
- Participate fully in staffing analysis and strategic plans in areas such as advancement, corporate relations, student affairs, and enrollment management.
- Plan and manage budget the Alumni Affairs budget.
- Support the work of and collaborate closely with the Library School Alumni Association (LSAA).
- Develop and manage programs for increasing Annual Fund contributions.
- Coordinate with Regional Directors to ensure that they are familiar with funding priorities and provide them with engagement/impact resources to share with donors and prospects during personal visits.
- Develop and manage comprehensive plans for acknowledging gifts and recognizing alumni donors.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs to ensure awarding of scholarships and awards and other use of private funds meet the criteria of fund agreements.
- Participate in planning engagements supporting major gifts and in preparing documentation and agreements.
- Participate in the development of an overall stewardship strategy for the iSchool.
- Participate in developing campaign strategies.
- Some evening/weekend work and travel will be required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
A master's degree in a related professional field (e.g., library science, information science, museum studies, etc.); eight years of increasing responsibilities in an information science related professional school (e.g., LIS, business/MIS), including at least five years managing services being provided to graduate students in an information science related program; supervisory experience; working knowledge of University of Illinois policies and procedures; good knowledge of student affairs and academics for professional students in information related fields; good knowledge of careers and workplaces in library and information related fields; excellent technology skills (website management, databases, social media, etc.); and evidence of good skills for managing services in fast-paced complex environments providing services to large communities are all required. A master's degree from a library and information studies program accredited by the American Library Association is strongly preferred. Twelve years of increasing responsibilities in an ALA-accredited library and information science school, including eight years working with students or managing services being provided to students; familiarity with the School of Information Sciences programs and alumni; some prior involvement with alumni affairs; excellent knowledge of library and information science (LIS) education and student experience; and experience working with student affairs, communications, IT, and advancement in an academic setting are all also preferred.
Information about the School of Information Sciences can be found at http://ischool.illinois.edu/. This is a full-time, 12-month academic professional position with regular University benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. The starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by June 23, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Candy Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon accepting of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Information Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director of Alumni Affairs - School of Information Sciences (A1700372)
Open Date: 06/16/2017
Close Date: 06/23/2017
Organization Name: Information Sciences