Position Number: 53068222
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 07/07/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Grant Writer. This position is responsible for interacting with potential Principal Investigators (PIs) to assist in proposal writing activities. The position will also assist in editing external communication between UNG and awarding entities to enable all communications to be responsive, professional, and within the requirements set forth by the awarding agency.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Grant Writer will:
- Work with prospective PIs to insure they provide information on their project that is understandable to the reviewing organization and is responsive to the Request for Proposal.
- Review proposals prior to submission to insure all internal and external requirements are met. This includes both programmatic and compliance requirements.
- Work with funded PIs to insure reporting requirements are met with respect to content and organization of written responses
- Provide editing assistance for all aspects of the funding cycle (pre-award, pre-funded, and post-award) in conjunction with members of the Office of Grants and Contracts.
- Work as part of the Grants and Contracts team to build UNG's capacity to apply for competitive funding.
- Assist Director of Grants and Contracts by completing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of proposal writing, as well as demonstrated ability to write clean, concise, and accurate text in response to specific requirements
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years' experience in written communication
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.