HVAC Installation and Repair Technician
Working Title: HVAC Installation and Repair Technician
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 06-16-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
HVAC Installation and Repair Technicians perform journey level installation, repair, and maintenance on a variety of package and central heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. Other duties include preventative maintenance; servicing, overhauling, and maintaining a variety of window and small package units or large central units; and determining equipment needs. HVAC Installation and Repair Technicians receive job assignments from a supervisor however most work is performed with little supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of the installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment and of employed hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
2. Working skill in the use of HVAC diagnostic equipment and hand tools.
3. Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and schematics; and to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC refrigeration equipment.
4. Reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to use computers and associated applications for time tracking and documentation of work.
6. Ability to work overtime which could include nights and weekends and the ability to respond on an emergency basis as needed.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82116