Requisition # 2017-7676
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 6/16/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Department of German is seeking a part time events coordinator to provide proactive, responsive and efficient event planning support. Under the supervision of the department manager, this individual will coordinate logistics related to department lecture series, conferences, various summer programs and departmental gatherings.
This is a 10 month position (working September through June) position requiring approximately 18 hours per week. Hours are flexible during the standard work week, however some evening work may be required as needed for events coverage.
The events coordinator will provide a variety of administrative functions including:
- Coordination of travel for faculty and invited guests;
- Organizing catering, and assisting with the set up and break down of all events;
- Processing honoraria and reimbursement vouchers for visitors;
- Maintaining department event calendar and website;
- Assisting faculty with event publicity including design work of posters or other marketing materials
- Oversee and track event expense budget
- 3-5 years of related experience in events or related administrative work
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, and Desktop Publishing, preferably Microsoft Publisher
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively (written and orally) with faculty, staff, departments within the university, visitors to the department, and outside vendors and agencies
- Must be flexible, well organized, and demonstrate excellent judgement to make decisions based on university policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.