Psychologist/Eating Disorder Services Coordinator
Who we are:
Join our team at the University of Colorado Boulder as a Psychologist/Eating Disorder Services Coordinator in Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS). We are currently accepting applications for this position on our beautiful campus located just minutes from the mountains in sunny Boulder, Colorado.
CAPS is housed within Wardenburg Health Services and supports the health and wellness efforts of the students as part of the Division of Student Affairs. Our staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services, including mental health, in several on-campus locations.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide direct mental health services to university students, including psychotherapy, crisis intervention, clinical case management, and community outreach.
- Ensure accurate and timely EHR documentation of the assessment, treatment and referral processes as they occur. Outreach and prevention areas include: programming intended to facilitate access to mental health services to underserved populations such as students of color, first generation students, international students, and others; outreach services to university programs, residential life, student services and academic departments; workshops and multicultural training; and case consultation and advocacy.
- Provide clinical supervision to mental health trainees as assigned.
- Coordinate Eating Disorder Services Program, including providing direct clinical care, managing the multidisciplinary Eating Disorder Services (EDS) team, providing oversight and training to staff involved with eating disorder care, developing and updating policies and procedures regarding eating disorder care and supporting staff in their adherence to these policies, providing training and consultation related to eating disorder treatment, overseeing the referral process when students need a higher level of care, working with community providers (e.g., off-site eating disorder treatment centers) to maintain relationships and ensure a smooth referral process.
- Provide Direct Clinical Services to Students, including individuals, groups, couples, or families; services will be provided to general CAPS clients, as well as to those who are being treated through the Eating Disorder Services program.
- Crisis intervention to clients and families; evaluate patients for mental, emotional or behavioral disorders and maintain thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Provide training and consultation to staff and trainees as necessary to ensure familiarity and compliance with EDS policies and procedures, as well as excellence in clinical care.
- Adapt EDS policies and procedures as necessary, based on clinical demand, evolving standards of care in the field, and risk management practices.
- Oversee the referral process and make recommendations when students need a higher level of care.
- Provide oversight and guidance to staff and trainees who deliver services in this domain.
- Work with community partners to develop and maintain strong relationships that benefit students and enhance coordination of care.
- Provide clinical supervision to mental health trainees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Director which may include campus consultation, outreach, and supervision of trainees. May design/implement health education programs to increase awareness, particularly around the topic of eating disorders and body image. May administer wellness programs and activities to improve health/wellbeing. Serve on committees as assigned. May provide campus outreach based on specialty as needed.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts in the mid-$60,000s, and is commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be supportive. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Colorado by the date of hire.
- One year of direct clinical service with individuals diagnosed with eating disorders.
- At least one year post licensure experience, including providing clinical supervision.
- Eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the WHS Credentialing and Privileging Department.
- Position requires basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
- BLS Certificate within 3 months of hire.
What we'd like you to have:
- Two years of experience providing mental health services to a college or university student population.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a history of strong collaboration and team involvement.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence and social justice issues.
- Knowledge of Federal and State standards regarding mental health.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 7, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09873.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10450 - Wardenburg Health Center
Posting Date: Jun 16, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 7, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00701035