Windows Labs Administrator
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU-Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Our Windows Lab Administrator is a critical position in our organization and your most important responsibility will be to evaluate current lab management practices, making recommendations for changes to existing processes and practices to realize greater efficiencies in our centralized lab management services. We will be relying on your depth of experience and lab management expertise for the deployment and management of Windows lab machines for the entire campus.
You'll also be responsible for building base images and will lead the LST Labs student administrator workforce in building and troubleshooting department software. You'll collaborate closely with the Endpoint Management Services (EMS) team who provides infrastructure services in support of labs and virtual software deployments. You will also provide escalated support for all Windows labs. In addition to depth of experience in Windows administration, this position requires experience with Microsoft management tools, most importantly SCCM and Active Directory. Experience building Windows software images in virtual desktop environments is highly desired.
What we can offer:
Base salary for this position is competitive and market-driven and depends on relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. A combination of education and/or related experience as described below may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
3 years of experience with each of the following:
- Working with Windows client management tools, specifically SCCM, Remote Desktop, sysprep and image creation.
- Deployment of Windows devices in an enterprise environment.
- Integration of Windows client operating systems with Active Directory.
- Management of Windows client operating systems with Group Policy Objects.
What you will need:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work equally well as an individual contributor or a team member.
- A professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced and occasionally high pressure environment.
What we'd like you to have:
- Microsoft Certifications in SCCM.
- Experience with AppSense.
- Experience with App-V software virtualization.
- Development using scripting languages like PowerShell and Batch.
- Some hands-on experience with VDI in both creation of images and deployment, preferably with VMWare solutions.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 28, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-09969.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Jun 16, 2017
Closing Date: Jun 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732181