ACCOUNTANT - CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING
JOB NO.: 90803-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: ENGR/CHEM & BIOLOGICAL ENGR
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90803-AS
Working Title: Accountant - Chemical and Biological Engineering
Official Title: SR ACCOUNTANT(R10BN) or ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Hiring Department: A191200-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/CHEM & BIOLOGICAL ENGR
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Accounting degree or equivalent experience in accounting or related role preferred
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- One year required, three or more years of experience preferred, in accounting or related role.
- General knowledge of University, State, Federal and/or Non-Federal rules and regulations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal human relations, and oral/written communications skills. Should have customer point of view in mind, be courteous, respectful, cooperative, and service oriented to customers and fellow staff.
- Ability to intrerpret policies, develop and maintain an accounting program in a complex accounting environment.
- Comprehension of and ability to use relational database software as well as ability to build, maintain and update a customized accounting system. Solid skills with software programs such as Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess adaptability, flexibility and enthusiasm and have a willingness to be involved in changes necessary to meet the varying needs of the department.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills as well as ability to independently determine priorities and interpret State, UW, Federal and Granting Authority regulations.
- Willingness and initiative to keep knowledge of accounting, finance, software and business technologies up-to-date; and, to initiate changes when appropriate.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated with well-developed organizational and time managment skills.
- Thorough knowledge of UW and State of Wisconsin budgeting and appropriation regulations and processes; regulations and restrictions on variety of account types such as revenue, gift, GPR, UW Foundation Endowments and restricted funds, UW Trust funds, Federal grants, interagency agreements, contracts, etc.
- Familiarity with UW programs such as WISDM, WISPER, E-Cert, HRS, and e-Reimbursement.
This position provides post-award management and department financial management support services for the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBE) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The accountant in this position would be responsible for financial oversight, reconciliation, operational data analysis and reporting for research grants and other department funds held by faculty and academic staff. This position must independently audit, prepare and present reports on all funds to the Department Chair, Department Administrator and faculty as appropriate. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards in addition to college, university, UW Trust and UW Foundation operating procedures and policies. The accountant plays an integral part in development of policies and procedures for the successful financial management, forecasting, and reporting of research funds and is a primary financial support person.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter. Please direct any questions to Christi Balas Levenson.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 16 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 3 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time