Assistant Coach, Men's Soccer
50% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
This is a 50% renewable annual contract position. The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with all aspects of an NCAA Division I Soccer program including, but not limited to, the identification and recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes; supporting the academic progress of student-athletes; preparing and conducting individual and team practices, training, film review, statistical analysis and competition; fostering the academic, athletic, and personal growth of student-athletes. Primary role is goalkeeper training and recruiting.
Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
Demonstrated effective problem solving and communication skills, verbally and in writing.
Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants.
Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview