8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Under general direction of the Financial and Administrative Officer and the general supervision of the Department Chair, the incumbent will provide administrative support in areas of academic personnel and general office operations.
Major functional areas of responsibility include: 1) assist College Academic Personnel Services Unit in merit, promotion, reappointment and recruitment files of all academic and non-academic appointments; 2) independently responsible to support Faculty in submitting sabbatical requests, special leaves and separation, and compiling accomplishments for data entry into eFile; 3) provide administrative and clerical support to Department Chair, Vice-Chair, and Department Committees, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, attend meetings, and liaise with other department staff to accomplish the goals and mission of the department; 4). provide support for general department operations, which may include front-office support, working with the Contracts & Grants Unit, and Student Affairs.
The incumbent must be able to maintain confidentiality and have exceptional interpersonal skills as well as have demonstrated experience in working well with diversified staff, faculty and students.
**Finalists will be required to complete a Skills Assessment as part of the selection process.
Skilled in communicating effectively and professionally, using tact and diplomacy. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a diverse cultural environment.
Demonstrated skill in independently composing complex correspondence/documents, using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and basic proofreading.
Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email software applications, and other on-line systems.
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a heavy workload within conflicting, established deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction and frequent interruptions.
Skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively and accurately research, compile and analyze information and provide sound recommendations based on the results; communicate recommendations appropriately to different audiences (i.e. staff, faculty, Chair, Dean's office, etc.)
Progressively responsible experience with interpreting, applying, and implementing complex policies and procedures using multiple sources.
Two or more years experience working in Higher Education.
Knowledge of University of California policies and procedures.
Knowledge and application of University Academic Personnel Manual (APM) to academic personnel-related matters, and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) contract for Unit 18 personnel.
Knowledge of federal employment and labor regulations including EEO and US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations.
Five years of experience working in an Administrative role.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview