Director - Planning, Construction and Facilities Operations, AFREDRCTRFOM
Responsible for planning, coordination, and management of all physical plant facility activities for the College including maintenance, cleaning, renovation, construction and overall budget control. Areas of responsibility include: building and grounds, operational engineering, custodial operations, fleet management, utility management, and the planning and execution of all facets of the College's new construction and renovation projects.
Position Title: Director - Planning, Construction and Facilities Operations, AFREDRCTRFOM
Duties of Position:
- Prepare, execute and monitor Facilities, Maintenance and Construction activities and budgets.
- Approve Facilities, Maintenance and Construction purchase requisitions.
- Develop, in coordination with the Board and College constituents, and execute the College's Facilities Master Plan (FMP).
- Serve as primary point of contact for various constituents regarding facilities planning issues, including communication with the College community, neighborhood groups, peer institutions, and local municipalities.
- Develop and present to senior management and the Board background and rationale for vendor selection, procurement options and budget requests.
- Plan and manage routine, periodic and preventative maintenance and renovations for physical plant systems, grounds and landscaping, custodial services and other related areas, including a complete facility life cycle management/budgeting for all facilities and fleet.
- Develop high performing teams for all areas of facilities and construction.
- Responsible for complete, timely regulatory filings, reporting and submissions on facilities and grounds.
- Drive efficiency in all aspects of the facilities operations, including identifying programs to reduce consumption of energy and water resources.
- Supervise employees in accordance with College and Board policies, procedures, rules, collective bargaining agreements and federal and state laws/regulations.
Experience and Education:
Minimum seven years of significant, directly related experience in comprehensive facility management and /or construction fields with a minimum of five years senior level supervisory experience. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented, have the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, have strong organizational skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve accordingly, and have the ability to interpret/advise/support/train and make presentations on behalf of the College. Proven ability to work effectively with vendors, contractors, etc. is required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facility Management, Business Management or related field.
As noted above in an education-oriented organization.
Master's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facility Management, Business Management or related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer and standard office software/equipment.
Standard work-day. Overtime as required to complete tasks. Be available at all times in emergency situations.
This position requires a background check and drug screen at the cost of the College.
Department: Facilities Operations - FOM
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt