Medical Education Specialist/UKHC
The Medical Education Specialist position, under the direct supervision of departmental educational faculty, and in consultation and regular collaboration with all applicable educational deans or their designee, is responsible for supervision and managing the daily administrative activities of the Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) and/or Graduate Medical Education (GME) educational programs as outlined in the LCME, ACGME Institutional, Common Program and Specialty Program Guidelines for GME.
In addition, the Medical Education Specialist position is responsible for the direct supervision of the administrative and professional responsibilities for all additional educational program staff, the program's medical student and house staff on a daily basis, and serves as the primary liaison between the Program Director, Clerkship Director, chief residents, house staff, medical students, program faculty, UME AND/OR GME Office, and affiliated teaching sites concerning program educational matters.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
Medical Education Specialist/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Using a computer for long periods of time.
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm - may require meeting attendance outside of regular work hours/days.
Excellent communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
A Bachelor's Degree or above with at least five years of experience in a complex administrative/teaching role or five years in GME residency management preferred, with additional preference to those having experience in GME residency management. TAGME certification if available is strongly encouraged. Knowledge of UME/GME preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience with MS office and Outlook.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Describe your paid employment experience in healthcare administration.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample