San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1700065
Cover Letter, Resume/CV
CLASSIFIED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
First Review Date:
$48,825 - $59,544 Annual Salary (Range 80: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2016-2017). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, sick leave and 18 paid holidays.
The Warehouse/Distribution Coordinator will be located at 4750 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135 and will report to the Assistant Director of Fiscal Services at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, plans and leads the work of staff engaged in the operations and maintenance of the District’s central warehouse.
- Establishes delivery schedules and methods for providing optimum efficiency of warehouse services. Assigns and participates in routine and special deliveries of supplies, materials, equipment and District mail.
- Inspects shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received in order to ensure compliance with purchase order specifications. Identifies and reports shortages, damages and other discrepancies.
- Oversees the storekeeping of goods, materials, supplies and equipment. Coordinates and participates in the annual warehouse inventory. Observes and enforces fire prevention and related safety rules and standards.
- Documents receipt of goods onto an automated purchasing system that includes inventory control.
- Analyzes space usage for maximum utilization. Confers with other purchasing staff as needed to determine storage space requirements and optimum stock quantities.
- Analyzes inventory movement and suggests re-order points and/or adjustments in the amount of inventory stored for future consumption.
- Coordinates the sale or disposal of unused, depreciated, or damaged inventory and fixed assets.
- Operates warehouse equipment and vehicles including trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Prepares various reports on warehouse operations and activities.
- Coordinates and conducts periodic physical inventories of warehoused items and fixed assets throughout the District.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of the operations, services and activities of the central warehouse.
- Requires considerable knowledge of the materials, equipment and supplies used in District operations.
- Requires a thorough understanding of warehouse record keeping techniques including appropriate computerized programs.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of District facilities and District operations, goals and objectives.
- Must have strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Requires a strong understanding of the principles of report writing and record keeping.
- Requires the ability to schedule and lead the work of warehouse workers in a manner conducive to proficient performance.
- Requires the ability to plan, prioritize, and lead work in order to meet yearly schedules and timelines.
- Must be able to write and maintain records according to District standards.
- Must be able to write reports and correspondence.
- Position requires sufficient communication skills in order to interact on both a formal and informal basis with warehouse staff, customers, and vendors.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
1. Valid driver's license, required
2. Forklift operators certificate, required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience performing a variety of warehouse related duties including but not limited to order fulfillment, inventory control and analysis, order entry, and inventory accounting/identification. One year as a warehouse lead or supervisory,strongly preferred.
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve; and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
1. Requires the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds on a sustained basis.
2. May stoop, kneel and crouch.
3. Requires leg and foot dexterity to operate vehicle gas, brakes and clutch while driving.
4. Requires sufficient hand-eye coordination, arm hand dexterity and visual acuity including depth perception to drive delivery vehicle and read numbers and words.
5. Requires the ability to operate a hand truck and commercial forklift.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities