Job Number: 75332
Administrative Associate 3
The Emmett Interdisciplinary Program in Environment and Resources (E-IPER) is looking for a talented Administrative Associate to join our team. The Administrative Associate plays an integral role in supporting the efforts of E-IPER's graduate students, whose work addresses some of the world's most pressing environmental and resource sustainability challenges. We are seeking an adaptable, self-possessed, and organized Administrative Associate who enjoys providing friendly and efficient support to staff, students and faculty, while managing a variety of office duties. The Administrative Associate will be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties, including planning, scheduling, organizing, and complex events; front-end customer service duties; performing a variety of financial transactions; coordinating travel; creating/editing documents and web content; managing equipment, supply and operational logistics; and supporting department activities as needed. We are looking for an Administrative Associate who will work effectively both independently and as part of our team. All applicants must submit a resume and a one-page cover letter summarizing why they are interested in this position, and their direct experience with the duties as described in the job posting. CORE DUTIES*:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Familiarity with Stanford University systems, policies, and practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word) and web content management, and demonstrated ability to learn new computer systems and applications.
- Experience with event planning.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
Location: School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.